Thursday, May 16, 2019

Yay

Great news.  My ankle has healed.  I was elated when the doctor told me this yesterday.  I was so nervous he was going to tell me it wasn't.  first off, its so swollen, and numb on the side where the incision is.  But apparently that is all normal, and I am good to go for the next round.  Hip surgery.  Good GOD!   I am VERY NERVOUS!  Wish me luck!



Kitties are all good.  I have one serious problem though.  I walk into my house and it smells like a zoo.  I have two foster cats, Joey and Junebug, and the rest are my clan, all old, and all bratty.  I believe its the three litter boxes in the back bedroom that are the culprit.  If anyone knows me, I like a tidy, clean house.  This is driving me batty.  I need to find a litter that is heavy duty.  Any suggestions??  Poor little Junebug is supposed to be adopted out with her brother Joey the first week of June, and she is still having potty issues.  Its just dripping out of her butt occasionally.  A nightmare.  The poor little thing cannot help it.  We've tried so many different things. I am now waiting for estimates of blood work and another test for parasites that are hard to detect - I am sure I am not saying that right - from Southtown Vet.  Poor baby has been to three different vets now and we can't figure it out.  I swear, if people questions adoption fees, I'll scream.  They should get a look at some of the bills we rescues pay to get these kitties healthy and adoptable.

As I drove Kings to each stop this morning, I noticed new kitties at a few locations.  I said to myself - must get trapping.

Kittens on Webster are still there.  I am sorry for the scare yesterday - Kings didn't see them huddled in a corner of the shelter.  He was able to touch them today, and he said they are very sweet.  I am still trying to figure out a plan, but I think the next step will be to try to trap Momma on Monday, when I have two spots at the clinic, and get her fixed, and then get the kittens.  I've had a few people offer to foster.  Actually, I need to get the kittens out of Miss B's house that are under her bed.  There are apparently four.  I bought some high quality food for the mother to eat, God knows what Miss B is feeding her, and she is also smoking in the bedroom where they are.  So I will need to figure out a plan for this too.



I am making appointments for Ariel and her kittens to be spayed in a few weeks time, and will then need to get Ariel adopted out, as her kittens are spoken for now.



Then its Petunia and her babies.  I have SO many applications, its hard to keep up.  I wish I had help with all this.  I am going to be recuperating from surgery in a week from this coming surgery, I just can't do this alone.  I don't know how other rescues do this.  Are they alone, or do they have help?

Regardless, the weather is getting better, moods are brighter, and the lawn and flowers are looking so pretty.  Bring it on.

Have a great day!

MY TO-DO LIST
FOR TODAY

- count my blessings
- practice kindness
- let go of what I can't control
- listen to my heart
- be productive yet calm
- just breathe




4 comments:

  1. Ariel is such a beauty !
    Wish I could adopt her !
    I'm always available so dont hesitate to holler me up !
    HEY JOEL !!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little FOOD GRADE Diatomaceous Earth can be added to a kittens, cats, dogs, or people's food to kill internal parasites. Doseage is listed in the link below.

    https://www.louisespetconnection.com/blogs/louises-pet-connection-news/how-to-de-worm-your-pet-with-food-grade-diatomaceo/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be easier, and better for the kittens, to trap the mother and put her in a safe place with her kittens? She could be spayed after the kittens are weaned.
    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can i see some kittens this weekend? I am still very interested in a male kitten. Any long hair tigers? Thanks! Beckie

    ReplyDelete