Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Rocky

Our little runt of the bottle baby litter I inherited a few weeks ago, Rocky, has passed.  His little body was just too weak to keep on going.  I got the sad news from his Momma Cyndy last evening who has been bottle feeding him for over a week now.  I get the other two back on Friday - they are thriving.  A rescue group took in the other two.  Our little boy Rocky passed peacefully in a warm loving manner.  Rest in peace Rocky.

The kittens on Webster Avenue were gone this morning.  I don't know what has happened.  I pulled up, shined the light, and there was mama outside the shelter, along with the black and white kitty.  Kings went over to do his usual thing, and when he looked inside, the kittens were gone.  Mama went back into the shelter after he began to walk away.  I think someone took them.  I am quite upset about this.  Kings will go back later to check this.  If mama had moved them, why would she be hanging around the shelter when there was still food inside.

The cat I trapped yesterday. The Siamese.  So I got a message from someone - I'll take it.  This is close to 7 pm when I am going to bed.  She has no idea if its feral or not. I don't know the woman AT ALL  Who knows what she would do if the cat flips out, escapes a carrier/trap or cage and runs through the house or window.  Out that cat goes into territory unknown. Now others are asking if feral, and I tell them I don't know.  I have Kings rub his finger on back of kitty, no movement.  Kitty has not eaten.  We even tried this morning to tell if feral.  We just don't know nor do we have time to figure it out.   Three hours later the woman answers and says she doesn't drive.  I'm already in la la land.  Others ask if feral again.  I don't know.  This is the problem.  One sees a beautiful unusual cat and wants to rescue it.  What about the plain old cats? 

But if you are serious about rescuing it, you need to make a plan.  A definite one.  One I will either see before 7 pm, or by 3 am.  That's not me being bitchy, its just a fact.  These cats shouldn't be in a trap more than 24 hours.  If kitty hasn't eaten in 24 hours, that's not good either.  There needs to be a plan.

I go to ankle doctor today to see if this has healed.  If it hasn't, the hip doctor has to postpone my surgery.  I am just beside myself because my ankle is looking funky. Wish me luck.

Have a good day.


2 comments:

  1. Very sorry to hear about Rocky.
    Thank his foster mom for trying to help him and giving him love before he passed.
    :(

    ReplyDelete