Monday, January 11, 2021

Silence is Golden

So, its been a while.  I missed an entire week!  Between work, and life, I am a very busy single girl!  I don't have anyone helping me so to do all I have to do, its work!  Thank God I have friends that help me out, I will call them my co-workers, for my part-time job.  This cat business.  Pain in my ass, but when all is said and done, I am proud, and thankful, to be able to feed these kitties.  And rescue those that I can.  And I am grateful to all the people who help me out.

Speaking of, I had a new ride-a-long this morning.  Her name is Esther and she is deaf.  I thought to myself, when I was reminded of this when she arrived this am. after I didn't hear a 'hello' back after I greeted her outside.,  I thought to myself, 'oh great.  this might not go as well as I thought it would...'  I had to bring her into the house and speak into cell phone so that she could 'hear' my instructions before we began the journey in the dark, in the hood.  No slamming car doors, walk behind me, be very quiet, etc.'  But boy, by the time we started, this girl picked up like no other.  Just once in a while I would hear her say, as she was bending down to pet a cat we were feeding, 'hi baby'.  I know it touched her heart and I can't wait to read her thoughts on it, when she writes me later.  It was a humbling experience for me too.  To be totally silent throughout the trek.  To not be able to hear songbirds, sirens, laughter...  so many things we take for granted.  She was very sweet and it was a great experience to have her with me.

I delivered Ernie and Fern to their respective new homes on Saturday morning.  Its really heard to split up siblings, but in this case, we had to.  Ernie was going to be adopted together with Dale, but Dale passed.  I am anxiously waiting to hear how Day 2 went for them.  The kittens Sheryl is fostering, 


Solomon is the only one that has been officially adopted so far.  (Above)  Nice girl Sarah took him in.  She has the cutest, sweetest dog that will be Solomon's canine big brother.  (or sister?)  I won't adopt out kittens that would go into a no other pet household.  Not a single kitten.  Its too lonely and they don't develop socially as much as a bonded pair, or another pet in the house to learn from.



My little Cookie, (above - then and now) who I rescued many many years ago and could not adopt out, is not doing well.  I believe its going to be soon.  She is the sweetest little thing, now weighing less than four pounds, but she has a voracious appetite that I can't figure out.  She wants to eat, if she could, once an hour.  She watches me each time I go into the kitchen, follows me, looks at me with begging eyes, feed me!  And I do.  She has been to the vet, and all we are now doing is caregiving.  Making her comfortable.  My little baby!

There are many sweet kitties out there still that need our help.  Please consider foster or adoption.  

Have a great day!

"Learn from yesterday, 

live for today, hope for tomorrow."



1 comment:

  1. Janine,


    Is Cookie in Renal failure? She looks dehydrated!

    I'm very pleased that she has a healthy appetite still!

    You not only rescued Cookie from a life of hell, but you gave your precious baby an Excellent Love filled life.

    You truly are the "Cat Angel"! Thank you for everything you do for these poor defenseless felines that have been discarded and or born into a life of HELL!


    Walt Simoni

    ReplyDelete