Monday, December 28, 2020

112!!!

What a crazy week.  The holidays.  I wasn't looking forward to them this year, and I can certainly say I am glad they are over.  Thank God for the friends and family I have and the love they showed.  Thank you to all!  

I was hoping to rescue just one more kitty from the streets by year end, but I don't think that will happen.  I rescued the three kittens from Ferndale in past two weeks, but the first one rescued, Dale, passed away last week.  He died in Foster Mom Sue's arms the morning of the vet appointment I had made for all three due to sniffles they all had.  Turns out suspected calicivirus for the two, and Dale must have had it compounded with other ailments as well.  We never know what these street kittens pick up from the mother and father, and the cats at the colony as well.  We just take our chances with any cat, be it adult or baby, to better their lives, no matter how short their lives turn out to be.  I brought little Dale in a paper bag to the vet along with his two siblings, Ernie and Fernie, and boy was that sad handing over his little body to the caring tech that came out to get them.  Prayers said, medicine given, watchful eye by Sue, and they are doing well as we speak.  Sue said she didn't think she could handle another.  Pic of Dale below:


Thanks to all who helped me this year.  I couldn't have done it without you.  You know who you are.  I am so grateful.  So are the 112 cats and kittens I, or friends managed to pull from the streets or from dire situations.  I know I seem crazy to some people, but hey, we all have a passion, and I am one passionate woman, no one can argue with that.  ha ha.

Its nasty out, its winter out, and I am doing my best to keep these cats from freezing to death by not only feeding them every other day, but making sure their shelters are intact from the freezing air and strong winds we get each winter.  Speaking of intact, I am trying to spay and neuter the cats on Ferndale so that we don't have any more babies being born to the mom there that keeps producing litters like Fern, Dale and Ernie.  I could use some help here.  Someone to man the trap on a Monday or Tuesday morning so that I can bring cat in on standby at the clinic.

I can also use more boards, and shelters.  

Thanks all for still reading this silly blog I write.

Have a great day!

"There are all these moments you think you won't survive.  And then you survive."


1 comment:

  1. We love you J. Love the blog. It brings you support. Let's hear it for Janine!

    ReplyDelete