Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Brrrrr

 I must say its been a good winter so far...  very little accumulation of snow, and only one icy morning which of course, I fell.  Landed on my butt again.  Unfortunately there is little padding there, so it still hurts even though it happened last week.  Oh well, at least this time I was able to pick myself up, and baby step the rest of the way to the truck.  It was nearly two years ago that I broke my ankle.  God, now that I think of it, 2019 was a terrible year, 2020 was a terrible year, and so far this year, well, I guess its too soon to judge, but then again, I have to put my kitty, Cookie, to sleep this afternoon.  I had an appointment set up for her since her last exam where she would be provided with 'comfort care' until today, but she is really not thriving.  I don't know if she is in pain, but she is less than four pounds now, and strains to urinate, etc. and is peeing all over the house. On top of the ulcers in her mouth that the vet told me the last time I had her in. She's had a good run, and boy will I miss that little bag of bones.  I rescued her after trapping her on Central Park so many years ago, and she had piometra (sp?) infected uterus, which was removed that morning, and after that she was just a good kitty that has lasted a very long time.

Other than that, there are a lot of adult cats that ran up to me this morning.  I wish I could grab them all.  I know Kristin has offered to foster one, I just need to decide which one is the most in need.  There are lots of people out there looking for a cat to adopt.  Wonder if they want a fox, or a deer for a pet.  I saw a group of seven deer in my mother's neighbor's yard yesterday, and a fox in her area standing in the driveway of a home near her last week.  



If you click on each pic you can zoom in.

Have a great day!

"The key to being happy is knowing you have the power to choose what to accept and what to let go."


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all you do!
    The kitties thank you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine,

    Sorry to hear about your precious tiny Cookie!

    Rest assured Cookie is playing in Kitty heaven and bragging to her playmates that she had the best Mommy any Kitty could ever ask for.

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you during your time of sorrow Cat Angel.


    Love,
    Walt & Karon Simoni

    ReplyDelete