Monday, December 7, 2020

I'm Back!

 

This blog is whittling down.  I’ve been writing since 2010.  All good things must come to an end, unfortunately.  I will still continue to post, but its not an everyday thing, as you might have noticed since this Covid crap started.  I haven’t stopped feeding and rescuing the cats in the Beechwood section,  but finding the time to sit and write – well, the passion for that has left the building. 

But today I have a few moments to share some highlights from the past week.  So “Buddy”, the sweet little kitty that I was going to rescue from Grand and Stout last week, I did rescue.  He was whisked off to live with his new 96-yr. old dad, Frank.  Frank named him Buddy immediately upon seeing him and within a day of hanging out in a spare room to acclimate, Buddy was wandering the house, and jumping up on Frank’s lap, happy as can be.  Such great stories out there just waiting for their happy endings.  Here's Buddy!

I have mentioned the baby kittens on Ferndale Crescent before.  The city had come and cleaned up the lot, and took all the shelters I had placed there for the seven or so cat that ‘lived’ there.  Well, there were also newborns that I didn’t want to touch because they needed to be weaned first from their mom.  I thought the city picked them up in the shelter and trashed them like they had with the other shelters there.  Sure enough, there they were again once I replaced the shelters.  Now, six weeks later, my friend Elisabeth wanted to try to trap them last week so she set about doing that, and got one this past week.  Thank you to Elisabeth, and thanks to Sue for fostering this little boy.  Sweeter than honey!  We are trying to get more because this little boy is very lonely without his siblings and mother.   Meet Fern!  (Boy name)







I went to visit the fluffy red Melville boy who is now in the custody of a nice woman Sharon, to try to coax him out of hiding for the past two weeks.  Sure enough, I spotted him and got down on the floor to give him pats.  I think he recognized my voice as I’ve been feeding him for over two years now.  He is starting to come around.  I was so worried!

There are still so many adult cats out there that just need a home.   I will try to get some pictures.  Please consider foster and adoption.

Have a great day!

"If it comes, let it.  

If it goes, let it."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing blog the Horizon for Spring. These are some awesome photos of these wonderful cats. These are so cute. I have something related to the cat, A intelligent escaping toy for cats. I sure your cats will like it. Thank you, Have a enjoy winter beautiful kittens

    ReplyDelete