Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Hump Day ... right.

 Hello its me...  I've thought about you for a long long time...  maybe I think too much but something's wrong...  Ya think?  Yea!  I have a real job now.  And its keeping me hopping!  :)  And I am thankful.

But in the meantime, back to cat world.  Sooooooooooo much has happened since I wrote last week.  I rescued the kitty from Grand and Stout, 'Buddy' is a happy camper with his new 96 year-old dad.  But Dad is worried about Buddy lately, thinking that any cat he gets now is sick and dying.  Buddy stopped eating like he was normally, so his Dad got worried, and called me, and now is worried he is dying like the last kitty he adopted from me, Katie.  I remind him gently that we don't know what the history of these kitties from the street are, we just know they are vetted, given a clean bill of health, as best as they can with the few tests that are affordable, and we know they were handled by humans at some point, which is why it makes them adoptable once rescued.  But Buddy is eating a bit, so we are slowly watching that.

After trapping for kittens on Ferndale Crescent, and getting Ernie originally, we managed to get two more kittens since.  We now have brother Dale, and sister Fern!  They are GORGEOUS.  And we got them in the nick of time, before they could turn feral.  All three I was able to reach in the trap and pet them, and get them out and hold them, before they went to Foster Sue's house.  Thank you Foster Sue, once again!  She just loves kittens, and babies, ya think?

I have a chance to get some adult cats off the streets thanks to a girl that reached out to me that runs the Purrs and Paws cafe in Eastview Mall.  There are still some questions to be answered, but if I could get the spots at the clinic to get them tested, spayed and neutered, they could be good to go for show and tell at the cafe.  I will continue to further look into this.

Peanut and Jinx, who are being fostered at my cousin's house, are set to be adopted!  They will be delivered to their new home on Saturday, and Jinx will be vetted on Tuesday.  Jinx wound up at the emergency vet two weeks ago this Saturday with ''' vistibula''' ??  Its like vertigo.  He couldn't stand and his head was rolling around so I immediately took him to emergency.  After 10 days of drops in his "very infected ear", he looks good to go.  They are both still very shy so his new family is going to have to have a lot of patience, and time to give, before they earn their trust.  



Speaking of that, Archie and Veronica, two of the five Foster Sheryl has, were 'adopted' for two days, and returned.  Sad that the family let them out too early from their confined space because they didn't have enough time to learn to trust their new people.  The husband wound up grabbing one, and getting in a tangle with him, so I was called and asked that they be returned.  So they are back on the market!  And I will make sure that whoever adopts any of the five realize that they are from the streets, they are going to be frightened, but GUARANTEED they will be the sweetest kitties to their new owners eventually, it just takes time and patience!

The mornings are getting cold out.  It was 19 degrees this am.  Cuts through you like a knife each time you get out of the vehicle.  But its ok.  I am young and pretty enough... ha... did I say that? ... that it doesn't matter, I can take it!  hee hee

I think that's all I have.  Hoping to post something again much sooner than the last time.  

Have a great day!






2 comments:

  1. Ugh my heart. It is amazing what you do. We just put in an adoption form for ernie & Dale it's so nice to be able to read your blog about all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best human I know. We love you. 😊

    ReplyDelete