Monday, November 23, 2020

Pussies Galore!

Happy Monday!  Its been a long weekend.  I delivered little Misty to her new home, and as always, its very hard to place a kitten into the arms of a person you know nothing about.   You have to have blind trust with adoptions.  You try to get to know them, friend them on Facebook, talk on phone briefly, but its just a hard thing to do.  Like handing your baby to a stranger.

I rescued Melville Red on Friday.  I scruffed him firmly and placed him in carrier.  He was not a happy boy, he cried incessantly, had his ears back and low growling by the time I arrived back home with him an hour later.  Thanks to Sharon, his adopter, she swung by just before his appointment at the vet to have him checked out and given his shots, deflea and dewormer.  Combo tested as well, flying colors.  Its always a great feeling to get a cat off the street, but there are so many more.


And speaking of so many more, Danielle and Chuck, the couple that help with the one colony on Parsells, and Chuck’s employer, DeGeorge Ceilings who allows him to have a shelter in the back of the parking lot, they rescued two kittens yesterday morning, and kept them in a crate overnight.  Danielle brought one to his appointment this morning at the clinic.  I am so grateful to both of them.  GOOD people.   We were only expecting one kitten, but I told them if they could get another as a companion, that would be good, and they did.  One beautiful red and one beautiful gray!  Thanks once again for fostering Cousin Patty!  We will need to get these two kittens socialized so if anyone has time…



Plus we have Brooklyn left with Foster Mom Sue, and the five at Saturday Sheryl’s house.  We need to get them all adopted.



Thats baby Brooklyn above.  Archie below

Eastwood below


Scarlet below


Simon below


Veronica below!

No big stuff happening on the streets.  It’s quiet out there.  Occasionally Homeless Will will ride up on his bike and tell me a joke, ask if I have a dollar, and tell me he loves me as he rides away penniless.  (I never carry money – and he knows it – but always tries).

There are baby baby kittens on Ferndale Crescent that I just can’t get.  All black.  The mother has had several litters.  As I said, this profession is exhausting and I just can’t do it alone anymore.  Somethings gotta give.

Sweet picture time.  Remember the kitten that was found in the dumpster off Hudson Avenue last year – with its legs ziptied – by a homeless couple?  Well, here she is after a year in her adoptive home.  The doctor that treated her fell instantly in love, and little Aayda “Bean” loves her big brother too!



Special thanks to June, Elisabeth and Sheryl for helping me immensely in so many ways.

Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment