Monday, November 16, 2020

Life!

 

Oh Blog, I have missed you.  My new job and life are keeping me so busy, I just haven't had time for you!  Forgive me.

I want to start out by offering my condolences to a couple who have helped me immensely over the years helping to develop the website, the Facebook rescue page, building solid wood shelters, helping with fundraisers, posting pictures of available cats on two websites, etc. – Andrea her husband Lou.  Andrea lost her mom last week and I grieve for them.  I don’t think I will handle it well when I lose my mother.   She is my rock.

I am planning on rescuing the fluffy Melville boy this Friday.  Wish me luck.  A woman offered to take him into her fold, and I am so grateful.  The last time I tried this he pushed his way out of the carrier and took off for a week before he trusted me again.  I have an appointment for his shots and all the other good stuff as he was a former TNR of mine.  He now headbutts my head when I bend down to pour the food, so I know he is ready for a home.

And thanks to my friends Chuck and Danielle who help to feed a colony on Parsells (and thanks to Chuck’s employer DeGeorge Ceilings for allowing the shelters!), we will be rescuing a sweet little … maybe three month old… red tabby that Chuck is able to hold.  Kitten is part of a litter, but the others are a bit skittish.  Thank you two.  Your help is truly valuable.

Brooklyn is still looking for her forever home.  :(  All her sibs have been adopted.  Thanks again Sue for your awesome fostering.


Thanks to Sheryl for fostering these five kittens that are not even on a website yet.  We’ve got to get them adopted, but also to get them socialized.  They have been in a cage for a month now, and I really feel bad for them.  They are too skittish to be let loose in the room she has the cage in because of all the hiding spaces she has.  If someone is able to take them in and are good with socializing, I would really appreciate it.  If others have the time to go visit them and hold them, etc, that would be awesome as well.  Their names are South, West, East and North.  Oh, and Gates.  How original.

 





The fifth kitten I am STILL waiting on a picture of...  👽

Thanks and have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. Janine, I'll volunteer to hold them and play with them. Text me the address please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you stand up the carrier vertically, after the cat goes in, it's harder for them to make a break for it while you lock the door.

    ReplyDelete