Tuesday, February 15, 2022

February Updates

 


Its been a hard year for me so far.  I have had some health issues that have just knocked me down.  On top of that I am scrambling for help to feed over 100 cats every other day.  It used to be a daily job, but I had to whittle it down because of not only the cost, but the toll it takes to do that daily.  The agony of having to go out in the cold, start up the truck to get warmed up, drag out five heavy jugs of water, and a sack full of wet food is painful.  Thank God for Kim.  Kim volunteers by coming over to fill the bags of dry food and get them into the truck for the next trip.  She is steadfast, and I just couldn’t do it without her.  I have had little help with shoveling, so after the last snowfall, I am balancing myself to get through a small opening out into the street to start the car each morning.  My sidewalk is barely walkable, and I had to hire a snowplow to get my car out of the driveway.  Life is really tough right now, and I pray they come up with a cure for arthritis, but in the meantime, who am I to complain really.  I think about the cats that are suffering out there.

We just found our fifth dead frozen cat – this one on Garson.  We could not remove it, I’ve had three people try.  Half its body is frozen under the pallet – the other half is sticking out.  I had the last person who tried cover it with a towel.  Very sad.  I can only attribute it to the cats that have no immune system due to FIV, or were sick with something and just couldn’t fight the below zero temps we’ve had.  My twice a month helper Esther is going to take the bodies, when it thaws, and bury them in the country, on her friend’s land.  I told her my property is already a pet cemetery and there is no more room for another body!

I am in the process of trying to hire help – I am offering $20 per hour, for whatever hours they can work, but I do need a break.  It’s a max (without a major dump of snow) of 2 hours to feed, -- normally its an hour and 15 minutes to do - and its every other day, and you pick the hours you want.  I would suggest they be morning or early afternoon jobs, because it is not in the best part of Rochester, but those are the safest times.  And its easy, and quick!  So please spread the word.  If you know of anyone reliable with a car, and some compassion for these cats, it’s a no-brainer. Extra cash each week never hurt anyone, right?

I have five cats in my ‘custody’ right now.  Two older kittens, Serena and Jessie, are with Tamera my foster, two older kittens, Lilly and Poppy, are with Sheryl, and Bello, the older black cat, is with foster Cloe.  They are all adorable and really need a permanent home. 

Here is Bello:


Here is Lilly and Poppy:



And here is Serena and Jessie!



Spread the word!  They are waiting for their forever homes!

And remember...... it's less than 33 days until spring!

Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. z8 slot เว็บไซต์เกมที่คนติดตามที่สุด พีจี สล็อต ได้คัดสรรค่ายเกมที่ได้รับความนิยมทั้งภาพ และ เสียง ความสนุกที่คุณไม่เคยเห็นจากเว็บไหนๆ เราเอาทั้งหมดมาไว้ที่นี้แล้ว อย่ารอช้า

    ReplyDelete