Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Chappy!

 So I was offered a spot for TNR by the clinic for yesterday.  My mind was racing thinking where I would set the trap.  There are SO many cats out there either getting pregnant or being impregnated.  But then I thought of the black kitty on Grand and Chamberlain, the one I've been caring for for so long.  I stuffed straw under a porch last year for him to nestle in through the winter, which he used because you could see the indentation in the straw from him.  I've been feeding under there since I saw him, and knew that was his home base.  Early this year, the store in front of the porch on the corner was robbed, and the clerk/owner was killed.  It was scary going there the morning I heard it on the news, but I got over it and continued to go feed there.  I've been noticing that Chappy, whom I named after the store Chappas, was getting very thin, even though I left a good amount of food every other day, for him and his lady friend - a beautiful friendly calico.  So that was going to be my TNR - I knew I wanted to have him tested for leukemia because thats what happens to leuk postive cats, they become emaciated before they die.  I was going to have him euthanized if he was positive.  So, luckily when I arrived there, I pulled out the carrier and was going to try to get him by scruffing him by the neck.  It worked!  

Off he went to the vet for neutering, and turns out he is a sweetheart and there was no way we could put him back out.  And he was negative for leukemia.  And he is polydactyl!  

Cyndy will provide pictures for later, but I am very grateful to the clinic for holding on to him for a few days while we try to find him a home.  Thanks RCAC!

On another note, Red from 4th Street is being neutered today, and has been adopted by a great couple, who also happens to have a dog.  So he will go to his new home in a few weeks after Foster Janessa can work her magic and slowly introduce her dog to Red so he can at least know what a dog is!

And Billy and Bobby went to their new home.  But guess what, they turned out to be both girls! 

OK, pictures hopefully tomorrow of little Chappy.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. What happened to his calico lady friend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have received 28346 euros in the last 4 weeks from working part time online from home. I got this job 3 months ago and in my first month without any online experience I got € 18569. Anyone can get this job today and start making real money online by following the instructions on this website. Earned.cash.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Google pay me $80 to $90 each hour for internet working from home.i have made $15K on this month on line do business from home.i'm a ordinary understudy and that i paintings 2 to 5 hours in keeping with day in my greater time efficiently from home..every body can perform this interest and win extra dollars on-line in low renovation via truly take after this connection and take after subtle factors.......... Read mOre

    ReplyDelete