Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Taco Update

Anyone remember Taco?  Here he was as a baby, and here he is today.  WOW.  What a difference!  And I am lucky enough to have him as my neighbor!  I am so thankful that I made the decision to wait a month to retest him for leukemia.  He was originally tested and was found to be positive for feline leukemia, a highly contagious and deadly disease to cats.  I was lucky enough to have neighbors that said - "we will take Taco for a month to keep him separate from your cats until he is retested."  Sure enough, it was a false positive and he is leukemia free.  And of course, the neighbors fell in LOVE with him so they decided that they wanted to adopt him! 


TACO as a Baby

TACO Today!
This morning I was prepared to rescue the fluffy red cat on Melville that I TNR'd several years ago.  He has really learned to trust me the past year and allows me to pet him.  I discovered he is completed matted due to his fur being so long.  Its got to be painful, so I've mentioned this in past posts, and finally someone stepped up and not only said she would foster him, but also pay for his vetting that he might need.  Now THAT' S an offer you can't refuse!

So, vet appointment made, and carrier in truck as I headed out to Melville this morning after my rounds.  Sure enough, fluffy red was there.  I scooped him up by his scruff, laid him gently into the carrier, and as I went to latch the door, he pushed his way through the door and ran.  UGH.  And I cut myself doing it.  So, no rescue this morning.  I am so disappointed.  He was going to be shaved and given up to date shots.  It will be some time before he trusts me again.

Thank you Anne E. for your kindness.  Anne wrote me a while ago to say her room would be ready if we can get that frightened matted kitty.

This little one, however, is also available.  He has been living in the shelter on Dake Street since last year.  Runs to the truck just about every morning now, crying.  He would love a good home if anyone is considering adopting a sweet lovable adult cat.




Have a great day.

"Learn to appreciate what you have,
before time forces you to appreciate 
what you had."




No comments:

Post a Comment