Thursday, June 30, 2022

Lucy

 






WEDNESDAY NEWS: This little girl walked up to my foster's driveway on Grand Avenue on Sunday and it was noticed that she was limping. The foster reached out to me for help, and little 'Lucy' was brought to Pittsford Animal Hospital today for x-rays, she has multiple fractures in her leg, and will have the leg amputated in the morning. A bone protruded into her belly to cause a laceration. I am asking for help to pay her vet bill which is estimated at $1500. Any little bit will help - if you would like to directly pay at Pittsford the number is 585.271.7700, or you can go to my website at janinethebeanrescue.org and pay by the donate button. I am extremely grateful for any help you can provide. Any extra proceeds will go to the care and feeding of the other babies that have no homes on the streets of the Beechwood neighborhood. Thank you so much.

UPDATE: Lucy made it through surgery and was on her feet and tried to spring out of the cage she was in within minutes after she was awake from anesthesia. She has had major surgery and they did find infections - her bone had gone through her skin and they could actually see her bladder through a thin veil of tissue. They had to close that up and insert a drain. Now we just pray her infection heals up. My foster Tamera will have the hard part, with the antibiotics, and the pain medicine. She is going away camping with family and planning to take Lucy with her when she is discharged tomorrow, to keep a good eye on her. Lucy will remain in a cage to limit her movement. The caregivers at Pittsford have fallen in love with her, and so far, three offers of adoption have come in! She is pretty special.

Many thanks to those that donated so quickly. Honest to God, when decisions have to be made right then and there, and high estimates of cost are confronting me, I lose my $%@. I really do. At one point, before I began to think clearly, we were going to put Lucy to sleep. I had my foster crying. on the phone. I felt terrible and still do.

Thank you genuinely, for allowing me to help the animals that need us the most. I cannot continue to do this without your kindness and generosity. As long as there are good people in this world wanting to help and make a difference for these animals, we can save them, one at a time. 💓

Updates on Lucy tomorrow (hopefully), and Monday.

Thanks everybody, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so grateful to hear that Lucy made it through surgery and I will continue saying prayers for her wounds and infections to clear. 🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete