Saturday, December 21, 2019

Feed A Cat for Christmas! Kimberly!!!

Thank you KIMBERLY for helping to Feed a Cat for Christmas!  I should be paying Kim for being hospitalized after being given a 'love bite' by her latest foster Jonny, who I rescued from Bay Street a few weeks ago.  It wasn't meant to be vicious, he just didn't know how to behave at first rescue.  BRAT.  But as sweet as this girl is, she gave up her own money to help feed the others out there!  Thank you KIM!!!


JONNY

Kim became one of my first fosters (I only have FIVE!) a few years ago when we took in an adult kitty.  From that point on, she took in...  four adult kitties for me?  Each one finding their forever home, and then Kim would make room for another.  Mind you, its no easy task to take a cat from the street and get it to learn to adapt to being in a home.  Believe me, the last thing on their minds is to go back outside.  And once they taste the comfort of a home, they are very thankful to their rescuer and foster parent.  And more thankful to their adopter.  Jonny was her last foster, but not her least.  She will be ready to foster again when her hand heals completely.  As you know, cat bites are NOT fun! Kim was hospitalized!

There is a silver lining though.  Along came Janessa, who said 'I'm NOT afraid!  He better not bite ME, or I'll bite him back!'  or something along those lines....

Janessa, who has fostered for me many times before, and has had great success with the adult cats.  They are all adopted!  Janessa's latest report:

"Good evening! So, Jonny was out of the room for a bit tonight. He avoided me for a few minutes and then started checking in with me and letting me pet him. Both dogs were outside, so he relaxed pretty quickly. He just stayed upstairs. My two not so friendly kitties sat at the top of the stairs glaring, but they didn't start anything and Jonny just ignored them. lol. Ru, Pikuls, and Shorty, who have all been interacting with him under the door and have been in the room with him (just one on one so far) all hung out with him and then tried to gobble all his food. Little pigs.
Jonny is VERY good about other cats butting in to his food when he's eating. It surprised me how chill he is about that!
I've started kissing him on the head. I just couldn't help it anymore. He's such a sweetheart ❤

I'm probably only going to let him out a short period of time for the next few times. I still don't want him getting overwhelmed.

He really is doing great tho! I love him ❤"

I am so grateful for my fosters.  Thank you so much for helping to save a life.

Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Janessa !
    Thanks for loving on Jonny and fostering him !
    I loved interacting with him at Sid and Johnies when he was living there before being rescued.
    He was one of my favorite street cats while helping Janine and Kings make the rounds.
    He had a good personality when I was feeding there. Hope he finds a forever home soon !

    joel

    ReplyDelete