Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Feed a Cat for Christimas - JOEL S


Thank you JOEL!   For your donation to help feed a cat for Christmas!  Every bit helps, especially mornings like today where I got out at least twice to feed a cat I spotted under a car, or running down a sidewalk.  The food that your donation buys goes a long way!

It was a cold morning - in the mid-20s...  a bit of snow fell overnight, but nothing shovel able.  I did leave a board against the building for the Niagara cats so we will see if it remains throughout this storm we are on the fringe of today and tonight.  The bastard (and I won’t hide that word anymore – cause that’s what he is) will most likely come and take it. I am still hoping to catch him, thanks to a person or two who has occasionally offered to sit for a period of time and watch. 

At Second and Bay Street this morning, I sat and watched a hooker on the corner while Kings was out feeding on the back of a building there.  Under a mattress (which stands up against a building).  (yes, there are many odd things out there).  When he finished, I drove up to the corner, with the window down.  I noticed another person lurking in the shadows, and thinking it was a man, her pimp, I asked her if she was OK.  Turns out the man was a woman, but the other girl thanked me.  She shouted "Yes!  I am OK!  Thank you for checking!"  I don't know what I would do if she said she wasn't OK, maybe call the police?  I've heard bad stories about pimps, and I do care about those women, even if I don't know what I would do!

The cats on the street are still desperate and waiting for a home.  Mr. Fancy Pants, on Short Street, still cries when running up to us, and follows Kings to the back of the lot where the shelter is to eat his breakfast, while I go on the porch of the vacant brick house to feed Mr. Whiskers, Bell Girl, and another shy black and white kitty.  I’ve added straw to a wastebasket left on that porch.  I turned it on its side.  That, along with a box turned on its side coated with straw, is being used.  You can see the indent in the straw.  There are also two shelters next to those – we’ll see how long they last.  I think Jimmy, the old guy that owns the house but doesn’t live there anymore, I think his nephew comes by and does stuff, and destroys things occasionally.  The place is a mess to begin with.  The black cat on the corner of Chamberlain and Grand, who lives under the porch of the house next to the store there, came out crying to me again this morning.  I have stuffed a bunch of straw under there and saw some night indentations that proves that he has been using it to sleep in.  I hope it’s warm enough. I have added boards to the opening on the west side to keep the wind and weather out from under it.

No new word from fosters on kitties. We have Monty (who sleeps most of the day), Garrett, who loves to wrestle with his foster little brother, Jonny, who little by little is turning into a marshmallow, Stella, who has really had enough of her four remaining kids she has left at foster Estelle’s house, Noelle, who may soon be adopted, Ellie, who is at foster Sue’s, along with Rory, Lily, WeenieBuck and Marten – Marten is being adopted this Friday!  Am I forgetting anyone?

ELLIE

JONNY

WEENIE

BUCK

LILY

RORY

MONTY

GARRETT

STELLA

NOELLE!
I had Peanut into the vet yesterday.  His little bum was sore and caked…  sorry to be gross, use your imagination hereon.  So, $262 later, he is a bit better after being prescribed three medications.  I tell you this to remind you that when you adopt a kitten from me, you are adopting from a rescue that loses money with just about each cat they rescue, so please, never complain about $140 for a kitten and $100 for a cat.  These animals come to you fully vetted!  I would GIVE THEM AWAY if it meant an end to the suffering of the cats on the streets.  So please, spread the word.  Far and wide. Let’s get these cats adopted out so that I can rescue these others from the streets.  Please open your hearts and homes to them for fostering.  It’s so rewarding to know you are saving the life of an animal.

Have a great day!

"Three things
you cannot
recover in life:
the moment after
it's missed,
the word after
it's said,
and the time after
it's wasted." 

1 comment: