Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Cookie

Happy National Cookie Day!  Speaking of cookies, here's a picture of my little Cookie.



Cookie is much older now since these pictures were taken.  But she is still kickin'! Cookie was trapped, along with a kitten in the same trap!, on Central Avenue so many years ago.  Little did I know, until I brought her in for spaying, she was suffering from pyometra (Pyometra is an infection of the uterus that may occur in dogs and cats making the pet very ill. The uterus is generally filled with pus.) It would have been a painful death had she not been treated for it.  She was spayed and recovered in my house, yet never was adopted out.  She is my little girl.  She is ancient, I think, and doesn’t eat a lot, but loves the baby food she is given each morning.  She does nibble on kibble a bit.

The past two mornings have been quiet, thank God no new snow.  I’ve been adding straw under the porch on Grand and Chamberlain for the black cat, I think he is using it.  I hear a soft cry each morning from him as well.  He has not run to me like he did Saturday and Sunday.  But I got the picture of him yesterday, and today he just stayed under and ate as I was leaving.  Poor little one.

And it's been quiet on the streets too.  The zombies as I call them.  No one around begging for money, or a cigarette.  I have the bags that were donated by a few kind people to hand out to homeless people in need, but no takers yet.  I am extremely grateful for them to have though.  They will come in handy.

Thank you to all the supporters who chipped in on ROC the DAY!  And on Facebook.  This extra money makes all the difference to me in the world.  I have had three kitten vet visits this week.  This truly adds up.  And again, think about the spay/neuter already done on the 25+ cats I still have in foster.  An average of $100 per cat.  I have to pay for that out of my own pocket, BEFORE adoptions take place.  Not to mention what I just said, there are always going to be a sick one in the bunch that needs vetting.  And when one kitten gets sick, the rest of them do usually.  So you treat the whole clan.  It ain’t cheap, this rescue business!

Let's get more exposure for the kittens not yet adopted, and the adults.  We have:

Foster Mom Estelle:
Annie and Axel
Mother Stella
Henry and Joey

Foster Mom Sue:
Rory and Lily
Ellie
Weenie
Buck
Pickles and Peanut
Snowflake

Foster Mom Patti:
Winifred
Billy
Mary

Foster Dad Max:
Garrett

Foster Mom Janessa (Kim):
Jonny

Foster Mom Gaye:
Montgomery (Monty!)

Did I forget anyone?  Good God!

Have a great day.

"Life, if well lived, is long enough."


No comments:

Post a Comment