Monday, December 30, 2019

Feed a Cat for Christmas! MARY and SCOTT!


SCOTT and MARYThank you for helping to Feed a Cat for Christmas, and beyond!  Scott and Mary are very dear to my heart.  Thank you for helping me to feed a cat for Christmas!  What can I say about these two...  they helped me establish a city garden years ago, they've built some beautiful shelters for me,   and to top that all off, they adopted Pip and Emmet from me back in 2017!  AND Mary's sister Liz adopted Syd and Joanie (now Piper)!  Did you know I am still feeding their mom on Seventh Street?  Thank you both so much.  I am forever grateful for your ongoing support.

PIP and EMMETT


It was a MISERABLE morning.  Pouring rain.  But I DID rescue Fancy Pants!  Fancy Pants is a mess.  He has many tangles in his thick fur, but will clean up nicely.  He is gone to the clinic for shots, testing and neutering if needed.  He was once someone's pet, but hasn't had a home in a very long time.  He is from Short Street.  I do have someone that will take him right in for adoption.  Thank you Shahin.  

FANCY PANTS

And thank you to Joel for helping out today.  IT would have been REALLY miserable without him.  He dutifully did the feedings at most of the shelters that I can’t get to, still, because of my injuries this year.  Still having a hard time bending down, or getting on my knees.  It's getting UP that is the really hard part.  I was telling Joel, if only the shelter were a bit more raised, I would be able to do them.  I would love to have a day where everyone pitches in and helps to rebuild.  Someday…

I am embarrassed to say – Axel and Nipsy were adopted by this great girl Laurie, who THOUGHT she was getting two boys…  turns out, she has two girls!  And Annie, who I thought was a girl, is really a boy.  This has taught me a lesson.  Kittens need to go to a vet to be sexed.  Hopefully  there won’t be ANY kittens, but if there are, they go straight to the vet.  I feel terrible for Laurie although she said she has already bonded with them, so no worries.  She just has to rethink the names now! 

STELLA

Stella, the momma cat to the above-named kittens, is restless and not very happy at the moment.  She is lashing out at the foster’s other cats and needs to be rehomed.  Please, spread the word.  I don’t know what else I can do with her.   She most likely needs to be in a home with no other cats, where she would thrive.  Please consider Stella.  She is very precious and sweet, she just needs to find a quiet home. 

Weenie was adopted!  I delivered her to her new home yesterday morning.  What a great home it is.  Her new mom has named her NOX.  Love it.   Weenie is still a bit scared.





In the meantime, enjoy these pictures from the kitten deliveries of last week.

MARY

PEACHES and BUTTERS
BILLY

BILLY and WINNIE
NOELLE


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment