Thursday, September 19, 2019

Number Crunching

95 – That’s how many cats/kittens I’ve had in my foster since January of this year
40-50+ - That’s how many TNR’s I’ve done this year (trap, neuter, return to street)
11 - That’s how many kittens we have in foster that need homes
4 - That’s how many adults we have in foster that need homes.
20+ - That’s how many locations I stop at each morning
1.45hrs. – That’s how long it takes me on a good day (spring/summer/fall) to feed, from start to finish
100+ - That’s how many cats I feed on the streets every morning
$150 - That’s how much I spend on food every week for the hungry cats
45+ lbs. - That’s how much dry food I dole out every day
36+  - That’s how many cans of wet food I go through every day

Mind blowing, isn’t it.  I don’t know how I manage, but I do, and with very little left over for fun.

I am very appreciative of those few that occasionally stop by and drop off food.  I am not getting much in the way of deliveries any more.  And there is not a lot going to the Food Cupboard that our friend Carol, at Mileage Master on Browncroft Boulevard near Creek/Blossom, started, to help out another girl that is feeding stray and feral cats in the city also.

I don’t know how long this can go on, but I will continue as long as I am able.

We must get these cats and kittens adopted, so that I can rescue more.  There are so many precious ones out there that run to me for food, and a pat on the head.  I’ve seen two kittens out there – baby kittens.  I just don’t have the time to trap, and I am running out of money to spay and neuter.  My bills at the vets are mounting.

So please continue to spread the word!  We can do this together if we can all pitch in!

The slimeball took the door yesterday that I had as a replacement for the board he took prior to that, on Niagara Street.  The police are aware, and the dirtbag can be charged with criminal mischief if he is caught, but he comes during the day when I am not around.  He dumps the food, and takes the wood that is placed there.  I wish I could have someone sit and stake the scene out.  Is there anyone that is retired and can do this? 

CLICK ON PICS TO VIEW CLOSE-UP

Here is our list of kittens available:

SCOOBY

DONALD

DANIEL

ELI on right

RORY


JAC




SMUDGE aka Snuffy


JERRY aka Gerri


MARBLES

TOMMY

And now for our adults!

SARA

MONTY


SAMMY

MUFFIN
GOLDILOCKS
Lets get them adopted!

Have a great day!


“As the rain falls on the just and unjust alike, 
let your heart be untroubled by judgments and 
let your kindness rain down on all.”  
Buddha

4 comments:

  1. 95 cats. Wow. Dear friends of Janine out there, what can we do? I am not a Facebook person but could we post there, share and like? November 14th is coming (11/14/14 was declared Janine Wagner day). Maybe we could use the 5 year anniversary as a strategy to bring attention to Janine. Goal of $1114? Or 1114 pounds of food? (That's a lot of food...) just thinking out loud...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing a bottle and can drive to help Janine with some of her costs...if anyone is interested in donating can contact me paula kolb 2885286..20 bottles is 1 dollar and that's enough for a can of cat food..come on guys let's help Janine out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget Carol also collects cans destined for the recycle bin to scrap for cash! Cat/dog food cans, soup,tuna! Check out Cans for Cats on Janine's site under fund raisers. It costs me nothing but a trip to Mileage Masters.

      Delete
  3. Hey J ! You told us you fell earlier this week wearing platform shoes and hurt your arm or shoulder ?
    Can you please update us on that fall ? Are you OK now ? Can you move your arm OK ? Are you in any pain ?
    Worried about you ....
    ... J

    ReplyDelete