Tuesday, September 17, 2019

And Again!


Well, yesterday morning I fell.  If anyone knows me, pre-hip stuff, and pre-broken ankle, I love to wear heels.  I love to wear dresses, and suits, and heels.  But I couldn't when my hip was killing me for seven months or so, and then I broke my ankle.  And then I had hip surgery.  So yesterday, I put on a pretty dress, and said, 'I don't want to wear flats AGAIN!' - so I will put on these high wedge shoes, show off my pretty pink toenail polish, and go to work. Well, I stepped outside the door, walked down the two steps, and onto the walkway to my car, and over I go.  I landed good, half grass, half walkway, and when I got up, ok, nothing broken.  But my arm.  It was KILLING me.  But I took the shoes off, put on my flats and went to work.  But my arm.  Ugh.  By 3 pm, I had to leave to get either heat or cold on it.  I did both, and by 10 pm., I was into the pain meds.

I can't move my arm up or down, or pull or push.  Its either my shoulder, or upper arm somewhere.  Its very tender to the touch just outside and below my shoulder, on my upper arm where the muscles are.  Good Gravy, not another injury.  I forgot to mention the bee sting a week ago.  Everything is happening!  :(

And now for a few updates:

Monty aka Montgomery
Monty - Monty is the kitty I rescued last week from Melville Street. His foster Mom Gaye has this to say today:

Monty report -- All continues to be fine. Absolutely no problems with this cat. He's not fond at all of being picked up but will give up quickly. I continue to be right in my original assessment that this is not a lap cat. He is perfectly fine as long as you are holding him on your lap, petting him, but, once you quit, he is off and about his business. On the other hand, he starts purring the minute he sees you and doesn't stop except when he is eating and I think that is only because he can't eat and purr at the same time. He comes when you call him, every time. I have been letting him explore the upstairs the past couple of days. He's bold enough to go off on his own and incredibly cute in that he comes back regularly to make sure you are still there. He is polite, not pushy. I can mix his food with him standing right there waiting patiently. Still very vocal. This is a cat that I think people are going to have to meet in order to fully appreciate.

Stevie aka Captain
Stevie - Mom Ashley says this about 'Captain' :  I'm impressed he's sleeping - he's a nosy Nancy so if anyone's up in the house so is he!"

And Muffin, as thin as he was when he came to Foster Mom Melissa, has still got it in him.  Here he is, playing for the first time in many weeks!



If anyone has an update they would like to share, I would love to hear from you!

Anyone?

Have a great day!


3 comments:

  1. Muffin finally came out of hiding! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Muffin available for adoption ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes he is! You can fill out an online Cat Adoption Form at http://www.janinethebeanrescue.org/cat-adoption-form

    His profile is here: https://www.petfinder.com/cat/mr-love-muffin-39905590/ny/rochester/janinethebean-rescue-inc-ny1339/

    ReplyDelete