Monday, September 16, 2019

Something Wicked Comes This Way

It was not the best of weekends.



I did, however, bring two of Fluffy's babies to their new home.  Dozer and Milo.  The new adopter, Sheryl, and her daughter Grace, are contemplating new names.  Nothing new, nearly everyone wants to personalize their new member of the family with a name they choose.  I would too.  So its never insulting to me.





Muffin is doing well in his foster home with Melissa.  I am so thankful to her for asking for him back, as she was his first foster before he was adopted to one family, where they gave him up after a month because he wouldn’t come out of hiding, to his new family that adopted him right after that, had gotten so that he trusted them, and became a wonderful part of their family, and then they had a circumstance come up where they needed to return him.  We all know the story to that.  He wound up with another foster where Muffin immediately proceeded to the basement only to hide in the rafters.  Once trapped from there after a week, he was placed in a room and managed to move the floor grate to the HVAC unit and hid in there for a week.  Once finally trapped, we moved him to his old haunt, Melissa’s house.  She shared this picture with me yesterday.  He seems to be doing fine.  He really is a cuddle muffin and will make someone very happy when he is finally adopted!



I continue to get great reports from Foster Mom Janessa with Sammy.  Sammy seems to be fine with her cats and dogs, not overly thrilled, but tolerant!  She shared this picture with me. He can’t wait to find a permanent home!





Parsells #1 -  the tenant there is now throwing away the food and plates I leave, and even took the board there this morning.  There is NO WHERE to feed the seven or so cats here, and I am going to have trouble soon.  I know this sounds familiar, as I am having the same issues at Niagara Street. As I said, we are working on this, but its hard to catch this guy as he comes at times after I have left.  So its not like the police can sit there and watch.  I wish they could, but I know they won’t. 

Its just so hard.  Why does it have to be so difficult?  Its actually draining.  To find the board missing this morning, my last stop before going home, was just so disheartening.  Winter is coming.  Its no joke.  Those cats will freeze and starve to death.

Sorry for the bad news. We’ll figure out something.

Have a great day!

"When the world says, "give up",
hope whispers, "try it one more time."

No comments:

Post a Comment