Monday, September 23, 2019

Monday's News!

Thank you Joel, for asking.  I am recovering from that stupid fall last Monday, that actually cost me $50 to be told it was a bruised rotator cuff.  Not torn, just bruised.  Every day it got a little bit better since then, and its almost perfect now, minus the shot of cortisone I need every other month in every joint on my body, including the shoulder!

Thank you Jennifer, Chance’s (Tobin Chance is his name now) mom, for always trying to help my cause.  You are right, if every ‘friend’ out there would donate one dollar a month, if they were Facebook friends, I would have over $1000 a month to care for cats!  But it ‘ain’t happening.  It seems the very few donations I get from people occasionally are people that are not even on Facebook.  When I thank them, I ask how they know of me, and many say they remember me from being in the newspaper. 

And please remember, Paula Kolb is collecting bottles to help with the cat food costs.  Please reach out to me if you would like to help in that respect.  And Carol from Mileage Master is collecting cans that help cover the cost of caring for the cat she has at her shop that she offered to foster a long time ago, who were never adopted.  Parsley and Hermie, Jule, and Larry.



I delivered three more kittens this weekend.  All three of Fluffy’s kittens.  Thanks to Estelle for doing such a fabulous job with them.  And thanks to Fluffy for being such a good mommy kitty.  So Tallulah joined Petunia, now named Summer.  Petunia was the black cat that was barefoot and pregnant from First Street.  She had six kittens, and all went to great homes. Petunia is now as happy as can be with her new mom and dad, but they wanted to get her a companion, and we are all hoping that Tallulah is the one.  Petunia has not been as accepting as we hoped, but its only been two days.  We shall see.




Eloise and Lex went to a home where they join a large canine brother, and a sweet human brother named Joe.  I had to go over the next day and clip their razor sharp nails.  Lex is still a bit hissy with the dog, but he’ll get there.  I already have pics to share.   Their new names?  Simba (Lex) and Nala (Eloise).




Roscoe and Finn, two of Goldi’s babies went to a good home.  Kristin delivered, along with the others she fostered, so I don’t have firsthand knowledge of the who they joined – canine or human – but I trust that she is comfortable with all their new homes.

Saturday morning when Sheryl and I pulled up to 7th Street, the shelters, which I always referred to as ‘the apartment complex’ were trashed.  Sheryl put it all back together, while I sat in the truck, because I still can’t push or pull, or lift heavy weights.  IT was pretty upsetting, but we had to keep moving because we were meeting  Steve, who built me a little hut, and was going to be there at 5 am.  Sunday morning rolled around, and same thing.  So Kings and I got out and had to put the shelters all back again.  Him with his bad back.  So Sunday, I went back there three times to see if I could catch someone.  The last trip, I saw a woman next door sitting on her porch.  I got out, introduced myself, and had a discussion about the lot, what I do, and that someone was messing with it.  I questioned her, and she seemed to show some sympathy, and said she would keep an eye out, as I handed her my card.  Her name is Maria.  As I started to drive off I saw a young girl walking and I pulled over and asked her if she knew who played in that lot.  I also told her that whoever was doing this would be in trouble with the police.  She pointed to the red house a few doors down and said those kids are bad.  So, at least I know who the next people I speak to about this the next time it happens.  IF it was them.  That is three places I am having trouble with.  Parsells #1, Niagara Street, and now 7th.  It is VERY disheartening when I drive off after finishing up.  It used to be a satisfying feeling, knowing I fed so many hungry cats, and that they had good shelters to go to when it stormed, and now its sad.   There are at least three locations where I am feeding cats under trees, or by a fire hydrant.  And I don’t know what I will do when its pouring, or starts to snow. 

Other than that, fingers crossed for more kitty adoptions this week, so that we can save more!

Have a great day!

"If you're not making someone else's life better, you're living yours wrong."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update J !
    Glad your shoulder is only bruised and not torn.
    Thanks for keeping us all up to date. I know your readers want to stay updated even if they cant do much to help you out with all the hardships you must overcome.
    :)

    ReplyDelete