Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Happy Hump Day

It was a blustery morning out there at 3 am. when I headed out to the truck to do my daily rounds.  And 75 degrees!   But I still smelt (is that a word?) that fall smell in the air.  God, I truly want to stay in bed past 3, but know they are waiting, and hungry.  Once I am home I feel better, but its tough going out and seeing so many stray cats. The skies opened up when I got home and I knew that all the bowls I left on sidewalks and under trees were soaked.  At least they all got to eat while they could. 

I have a plan to rescue the red cat that runs across Goodman Street to Short Street when I pull up.  I was hoping he would get used to the cats there, and the shelters, but each day he is waiting next to this little grocery store, and it’s so dangerous.  Thank you Janessa for offering to foster him.  He’s a beauty, and friendly…  although his picture would tell you a different story. 



I had a stressful day yesterday, and knew I couldn’t rescue the grey kitty on Melville – there were too many cats going to the vets.  Two kittens that have been adopted, and my own old girl Buster had dental work.  Plus, I had no sleep the night before.  Big time anxiety.  Gee, I wonder why.  Grey kitty will be next – but must be on clinic days so they can be vetted before going into a big scary warm and loving home, that they are NOT used to!  Thank you Gaye for offering to foster Mr. Grey.  (hey, wasn’t that a movie?)

Muffin was returned to me after two years.  The woman that had adopted him was going through a rough time.  OK.  So my foster Max is fostering.  Max just adopted the little red kitten I rescued from Parsells two weeks ago, named him Apollo.  Muffin was unfortunately let out of carrier and ran, went into basement and into rafters.  He is now still down there, and tearing up ceiling tiles.  He is TERRIFIED.  THIS is why I am so discouraged that people return a pet, because they have to move.  Muffin had just started to trust this person, and her dog, and son, and another cat, and now this.  I just pray that after setting a trap for Muffin, with KFC Chicken in it, he will be trapped, and brought upstairs to a room where he can get familiar with life again.  I'm so upset.



Sick cats - can anyone help drop trap a black kitty on Third and Central?  Massive tumor on side of face.  I would appreciate this on a Tuesday or Thursday very early.   He will NOT go into the trap.



Needed...  cat food, camo or dark brown tarps (heavy duty), paper bowls, dark spray paint (to spray white Styrofoam shelters and plastic tote bins to keep them from being seen).


That’s it for now.  Once all this excitement wears down I will get back to the business of what’s out there at each of my locations, and who is who.  I do run into some crazy people that early in the morning.  You always wonder – WHAT must their life be like?  The hookers!  Homeless Will is out there on a bi-weekly basis riding his bicycle – this morning, he came out from the dark of a vacant lot with a woman…  I asked ‘what are you doing Will? I said ‘is that a hooker?’  He replied, no its ****job Betty.  Good God.  I told him to be careful and drove off, after he asked me if I had $4.  IS that what they are charging nowadays?

Have a nice day (although I know its not easy reading this blog, after seeing a picture like that.  I give you the good and bad.   But its reality, and we need to do EVERYTHING in our power to help these defenseless animals out there.)

"One random act of kindness could be the difference between life and death.  
Save a life today."



No comments:

Post a Comment