Monday, July 29, 2019

TNR Monday

This morning started out with me placing three traps - one on Melville #1, the next on Melville #2, and the third on Parsells #3.  I had two spots reserved for me at the clinic and I didn't want to disappoint, so I set three.  After circling back from feeding at other spots to the second Melville spot, there was the friendly black and white kitty I feed underneath that tree, in the trap.   After carefully looking for an eartip, he was not, he was placed in the truck and covered, meowing softly because this was NOT the way he planned his day.



Checking Melville #1, nothing, we finished up our rounds on the Front Nine, and checked on Parsells #3, we circled back to Melville #1 and pulled the trap from there and laid some food down for old man red there.  My plan was to reset a trap on Fourth Street, hoping to get the tortie pregnant cat.  Now, backing up to Melville #2, there was a beautiful, friendly but hissy, tortie there up until last week.  My plan was to pick her up and place in carrier and bring to clinic, as she was in her early stages of pregnancy.  She has not been seen since my plan.  I sometimes wonder if someone is reading my blog, and is dead fast against kitty abortions, and is thwarting my efforts to get these poor females fixed by going to the location (perhaps someone who has ridden with me in the past?) and swooping these kitties up.   I do wonder this. 

So, leaving Parsells #3 trap set - I received a note from the caretakers there, Chuck and Danielle, that there is a very very sick kitty there - I was hoping to catch this poor animal.  Plus, there is an unfixed female there - Saturday Sheryl reported to me that she saw kittens there last Saturday - :( .  So I left the trap set and headed to do the Back Nine, and set a trap first on Fourth Street.

After doing my rounds on that half, I checked the Fourth Street trap, and nothing.  They are way too smart.  I didn't see any kitties there this morning, except the red kitten, and he wasn't having it.  So we packed that up, went back to the Parsells spot, and there was a cat in the trap, but its ear was tipped.  Ugh.   But off to work I had to go, so only one poor little kitty was going in to the clinic.

On Saturday morning I was greeted by the woman on Dake Street who reported me to the Community Place for having shelter and feeding cats on this vacant property.  She must have set her clock to sit and wait.  Sure enough, as soon as we pulled up to place food on the grass for the poor kitties waiting, she came out.  I walked right up to the side walk to her house and we began a heated exchange.  Within a minute, I calmed down, explained what I was doing, and she seemed to understand, but you could tell she still didn't like cats nor want them fed.  Oh well.  At least she stopped throwing out the food I was also leaving on the public sidewalk, and I think she has gotten over her obsession of catching me.

And in other news, Kristin snagged an appointment with the CEO of the Community Place for this Friday.  I am thrilled, but nervous.  Thanks to all for the advice given on Facebook. 

Have a great day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment