Thursday, July 11, 2019

State of Affairs


Kristin was kind enough to start a Gofundme to help me with all my medical bills and costs associated with feeding, vetting and rescuing animals.   We are still trying to figure out how to have a fundraiser this year.  I wish I had a personal assistant to help me put that together, as it does take a small village to get things started.  But in the meantime, I thank you Kristin for starting this.  Feel free to click on the link below.
So to begin with.  I am feeding at least three pregnant cats that I know of.  I am feeding at least 7 kittens that I know of.  I am feeding at three new locations without shelters - just placing food down - that have an average from 3 to 8 to 7 cats that I can see.  I am also seeing a cat with a huge chuck of flesh torn out of its neck each morning.  That’s a total of 18 extra cats each morning.  I have a total of ZERO spots to get them treated, fixed, spayed.  Every day morning, after I arrive back home, I just have to forget.  I record it here in the blog, and then I have to forget. In the back of my mind I am planning, but until I can do something, I have to forget and pray that they are all going to be OK.  
Oh how they could be living the cushy life like my cats, lounging around, sitting at their empty food bowl knowing it will be filled if they keep staring at me, throwing up as they walk past me, knowing I will clean it up.  They could be living this life if only we had enough people in Rochester to open their homes and hearts and give these cats a room.  My adoption rate is very high – I have only 3 cats I have not been able to adopt out, partially because of their own fear, but I do get adopters.  Some take a bit longer than others – of course kittens go quick, but adult cats are wanted too, thank God.   I wish we had more fosters!

Yesterday, I received a picture from Kristin, who is fostering our big fat pregnant Goldilocks (Goldie for short) who, by the way, is going to make an EXTREMELY loving cat once she is adopted.  Our little missy is getting HUGE.  What do YOU think?  J



This weekend I will have a total of six kittens on my porch!  Three are pre-adopted (surgery is Tuesday) – Freedom, Liberty and Justice – and three are ready for meet and greets!  Astrid, Wilbur and Willie!  The cutest kittens…  They have made great strides the past few weeks, now not running from me in fear if I approach them slowly, and now totally playing.  Can you imagine kittens not playing?  They didn’t know how at first.  And now they love the strings – Willie jumps a foot in the air now to catch the string.  Its quite fun.  I do hope the kittens get along as they will all be joined tonight.  Thanks to Foster Mom Melissa for fostering F, L and J.  She did a good job.

Cairo


SARA (pronounced ZARA)

ANDREW 

Foster Mom Sue still has Roxy and Foxy, Sara and Cairo, and the four little ones, Lichi, Gummy Bear, Andrew and Thomas.  All adorable.  Sara and Cairo are not spoken for, and neither is Andrew.  All the others are awaiting their new homes once they are spayed and neutered. 

That’s all I have for today.  More tomorrow.

Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment