Monday, July 8, 2019

(Adult) FOSTERS Desperately Needed


Thanks for all the comments from my first post back last week!  Its nice to feel appreciated.  :)

Available for Adoption:

Astrid, Wilbur, Willie
It was a crazy busy weekend.  We were given half a day on Wednesday, and full day on Friday, with the holiday of 4th of July off in between, as a bonus.  What a great start to going back full time, a 2.5 day week!  

Each morning, going out on my route - I drive, and Kings gets out to feed.  He has a bad back, so I feel terrible about that.  After all, he is NOT getting any younger.  I sometimes envision, or try, when might be my last day out there.  Will it end because of a tragedy?  Or just pure OLD age.  And what will happen to those cats that depend on me?

I saw a lot of heartache the past five days.  The fire on Denver Street produced a new feeding spot, as I spotted a two fluffy little kittens at the house who’s garage burned down.   Of course, I only drove past out of curiosity after seeing the fire, and all the smoke, and roads blocked off the morning before.  After spotting the kittens I saw, who I believe is, their mom, who is definitely under a year old.  Kings was actually able to touch her this morning, and feel her belly.  We are not sure if she is pregnant again.  The kittens and mom are absolutely beautiful.  Very very fluffy, and the one kitten is pure white.  They are a bit more skitzy.  As I turned the corner to go to my Garson Avenue spot, I spotted more cats.  Placed food down for them.  I saw at least five, and most were Calico, and no ear tips.  Ever since that morning, I am doing the same thing now.  Feeding at those two new locations.



Then there is Stout Street.  I spotted a tiny white kitten here also, and placing food down under a tree, at least six cats ran up and one being Goldilocks, who is very pregnant, and was rescued on the spot.  The trash that lives in this house removed the bowls two mornings in a row, so I am placing under a bush across the street on a park-like plot of land.  Yesterday a kitten ran up to eat.  This morning, a beautiful fluffy one with a deformed ear (looks like the ear grew close to the top of its head, rather than even like the other on its side!).  Friendly one that is.    

By the way, Goldilocks (GOLDIE) has not had her babies yet.  She is huge.  Kristin came by yesterday and scooped her up to foster at her home.  I don't know nothin' bout birthin' babies!  




And then there is Fourth Street.  There is a red kitten, and a muted Tortie mother whom I believe is pregnant.  And there is a black cat with a huge raw wound on its neck.  And the clinic is closed until Wednesday of this week, and I can’t get any appointments for TNR (trap neuter return). 

I NEED FOSTERS!  We need to get these cats off the streets and into safety, where they can be vetted and cared for.  The ones I am referring to above are DESPERATE. I’m DESPERATE.  It doesn’t take much people.  Just provide a room with a window, take pictures of them occasionally, let their true colors come out after their fright, and I will get them adopted, some sooner than others, but it will happen.  Please consider!

That’s all for today.  Tomorrow, we have a special post by Jennifer, who adopted Chance. What a special story that one.

Have a great day!

“Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.”

1 comment:

  1. Was worried as always for you. Ankle and now hip. New parts all. Down here..knee.
    So I could give you some advice/suggestion...which I know you won't heed
    TAKE IT EASY. give yourself time to recover.
    Miss you.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete