Thursday, July 25, 2019

Feral Alley



Someone out there is very thoughtful.  Throughout my convalescence from my hip, and ankle surgeries this year, I've received a few anonymous cards, and flowers, from the kitties!  I still cannot figure this out!  And throughout the past several years, either the same 'kitties', or 'new kitties' have sent me bouquets of flowers around certain holidays.  I STILL don't know who they are, but I wish they would fess up!  I know the cats I feed on the streets don't have a 'pot to piss in,' so they must be getting help from someone!  :)

WHITE and GREY Kittens


(Third Grey Kitten needed to be trapped)

Kitten so sweet she just laid on my lap

WHITE KITTEN (filthy)

I caught the three kittens on Denver Street.  Two were easy picked up, the third was trapped.  Either scared, or feral.  This third one never came up to me like its siblings.  So this one is in a trap, waiting to go to clinic, to be all fixed up and hopefully will join his siblings later.  The other two, they are going to Pittsford Animal Hospital this morning to get the works, minus surgeries.  The white kitten is filthy.  The other is emaciated under all that fur. 

It takes an enormous amount of money to do this.  What people don't realize when they adopt little fluffy is that the cat has been picked up off the street and gone straight to a vet where the charges will range from $100 to $300, depending on whats needed.  That does NOT include the spay or neuter.  Little Junebug has cost me over $900 because of her 'back end' issues.  And remember Connor?  He cost me well over $2000 with all his trips to the vet.  And guess what, I never received the $80 adult adoption fee for him.  I think they forgot, and I am just awkward at chasing people down.  I am just glad to know someone wanted him and loves him now. 

Please feel free to help out!  The clinic number is 585.288.0600 where I have enormous charges stacked up already, and at the Pittsford Animal Hospital which is 585.271.7700 where the two little lovies will be heading to shortly.

I doubt there will be a fundraiser this year, unfortunately. I need help scouting out places that are nearby, that can hold up to 200 ppl, that will accommodate food and booze, and allow enough space for a band.  Then I need to have volunteers to get donated items, such as gift baskets, etc.  I am just not able to do this myself, but I sure could use funding. 

Thanks very much for your help and reading through the years.

Have a great day.

Tail tucked between your legs,
Confusion in your eyes
I know it's hard to understand
That someone heard your cries.
When loneliness is all you know
And pain is all you feel
And no one can be trusted
And hunger's all too real.
That's the time the Lord sees you
And lets you know He's there
That's when He sends His messengers
The hearts that love and care.
Yes, rescuers are angels
You cannot see their wings
They keep them neatly folded
As they do their caring things.
The medicine to make you well,
Good food to make you strong.
And finally to help you learn
That hugs are never wrong.
The perfect place then must be found
The home where you can live
Secure and safe and happy
With joy to get and give.
When you reach your Forever Home,
Your place to feel whole.
The angels smile and off they go
To save another sole.
Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment