Thursday, July 18, 2019

News News News!

Thanks to Kristin, we will be trying to set up a meeting with the CEO at Community Place to educate him on what I am trying to do on their vacant lot and around the Beechwood section of the city.  I continue to leave food there.  The sidewalk is public property.  I love summers for many reasons, but one of them is because Kristin has off (she is a teacher) and can help me with my shelters, and help to advocate with officials when needed, on my behalf!  After some investigative journalism by Saturday Sheryl, we found out that this CEO has a CAT and a DOG!  😺

Meet Brady.  Brady was the 'momma' I thought I trapped Tuesday morning.  Its a he.  And the momma cat - is still there.  And this boy, Brady, is another rescue.  Unplanned.  Thanks to the kindness of Cyndy at the clinic who called me to say that this kitty was SUPER SWEET.  She practically begged me not to release.  So I found a great foster to hold on to him, Gaye.  Thank you Gaye.  Today, after being combo tested, he will go to a luxurious life off the streets!  Available for adoption!  See him in the video below.




We went out to feed this morning, with intention to get the pregnant cat on Garson, that is actually waddling she is so heavy, and set two traps.  Within minutes, we had filled both traps, but neither contained the pregnant cat.  A kid walked out (this is at 3:54 am.) of the house next door, I called him over to explain what we were doing, and to ask him about the pregnant cat.  He said it was his mother's and I asked him to ask her if I could take the kitty and return her after her babies were born.  Sitting there in front of us, was the pregnant cat, as we spoke.  I told him of the dangers of the cat having her kittens outdoors, unsupervised, and handed him my card and asked him to have his mother call me.

Garson TNR 1

Garson TNR 2

These two cats will be returned to the streets after their surgeries today.  I have a feeling one is a girl and one a boy.

Baby PARKER
I was alerted from a co-worker about two baby kittens on Tuesday - her husband found them in a park.  Both were approximately two weeks old.  There was something wrong with them and Kathleen rushed them to her vet, where the one smaller one was euthanized, clearly was not going to make it.  The other one was picked up by a kind girl who offered to bottle feed.  There was something going on with that one and it was brought to her vet, where nothing much could be done.  Just pluck the maggots from it.  Both were infested.  We named this one Parker.  I just found out Parker did not make it through the night.  This is why we do what we do, to lessen the suffering of these creatures.  This is why we MUST stop cats from having litters by PREVENTING them.

HALONA
Baby Halona is doing fine today, and his foster mom greeted me with his picture this morning.

Goldi's Babies
Goldilocks and her seven bears are thriving!


Wilma aka Wilson

Willie

ASTRID

Wilma, Astrid and Willie all need homes!  They are sick of my porch!

'Uncle' CHARLIE
Sara w/Baby Cairo

CAIRO

Uncle Charlie is biding his time with Foster Sue, and so is Sara and her baby, Cairo.   All need homes!

Please help spread the word so that we can get these precious beings into good homes.



I am off tomorrow, so no blog.  I will be lounging in the pool.  Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU JANINE for giving us an update about Community Place.
    Im sure all your readers want to know if you will be able to work with them and allow your shelters and feeding to continue.
    When we read about a problem your having we all want to know how it works out even if we cant help you with the immediate need.

    ReplyDelete