Tuesday, July 23, 2019

BOWLS NEEDED

NEEDPAPER and PLASTIC BOWLS (please no plates!)

Oh how I hate to complain.  People have enough sadness in their lives not to have to read about it here..   But it was and is a terrible morning for me so far.  I was awake throughout most of the night thinking about this day ahead.  I had two slots for TNR at ARK, a vet hospital on the other side of town in West Henrietta.  I actually had four, but cancelled two knowing if I didn't trap four cats, I would have to pay their fee of $25 for each cat not brought in.  I am usually not lucky enough to trap four but logistics for this morning were brutal.  I had Winky and Wilbur dropped off from their new dad who was on a bender working 16 hours straight with his wife home with shingles, who lives on the other side of town.  He went from work this morning to home to my house to drop the kittens off for their scheduled surgery at the clinic at 8.  I had to call in work late, drop them off, including another cat from 7th street who is friendly, and pregnant.  I was able to grab her and place in carrier.  Meanwhile, Kings had to head over to ARK at the same time - I wish I had more peeps to help with stuff like this.   This afternoon, I have to pick up not only Winky, Wilbur, Winnie and Willow (the later two I am helping their new mom who will be pick them up from my house this evening), but the (once) pregnant cat, and then the two TNR's at ARK need to be picked up as well.

On top of all that, knowing about the three kittens on Denver Street bothered me all night.  I have people that have offered to foster them, but they need to be vetted first and without a morning appointment, they need to be housed until we can get them to a vet.  I need a holding cell.  They certainly have fleas.  So I've been calling around trying to find an 8 am. opening somewhere - otherwise they have to stay on the street, which is very sad.

Just before I fed those three, I discovered my shelters put to the curb at Parsells #1.  My luck has run out.  So it has also for the cats that used those shelters at night to sleep in.  Between that and the Community Place vacant lot on Dake Street, that’s 10 more cats displaced from safety and shelter for their food. 

MELVILLE

FOURTH

UPDATE:  And on top of all that, ARK called me shortly after drop off and said they wanted to do combo testing of the two kitties in traps.  They didn't look so good.  Sure enough, Leukemia.  I agreed to euthanasia.   Two cats that will not suffer any longer on the city's streets.


Have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment