Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Streets to Sheets!


I went to visit Mama Goldi and her seven babies yesterday (Sunday).  They are so beautiful!  Tiny!  Amazing!  We are thinking of names that are nursery rhyme themed.  I'm thinking we need to determine sex of each kitten before that, but who knows.  It may be a little while before we can do that!  They are SO teeny!

Each morning since Friday has been pretty much the same.  Quiet, and with a lot of cats running around.  Kittens, cats and pregnant cats.  Its pretty grim out there right now. And with no trapping being done, its pathetic.  I plan on setting a trap tomorrow on Fourth Street and winging it - praying a clinic will take whatever I can get.  There is a baby red kitten, a muted Tortie that I believe is pregnant, and a black kitty with a chunk missing from its neck! (this was written yesterday)

On Stout, there are three kittens that are getting closer and closer as we feed.  I need to get these three off the street, ASAP.  This morning, the people living in this house there had all the burnt remnants from the fire two weeks ago before I discovered these kittens.  These people have removed the bowls from under the trees, therefore hate cats and want to see them suffer.  I just need to figure out a plan for these kittens once I get them. They are flea ridden.  Making the plan is the hardest of all. 

I have a new kitten I was asked to take in.  Meet Halona.  The folks that found her named her - its actually growing on me!



She is adorable.  She started out being rushed to the emergency vet.  She just cost me $140 and she hasn't even been vetted yet.  She had severe upper respiratory ailment.


HALONA

Some folks look for a discount if you suggest they take two kittens.  Two kittens recently were adopted out for $100 each, when in reality, their vet visit was $340 for two.  They also received free microchips.  I lose money all the time.  Which is why I can't always give a break.  I am broke.  Usually.  I need to pay the bills at the clinic and it comes strictly from the donations I get, which are far and few between.

Wilbur (WILMA!) in the middle


HE IS A SHE!  Wilbur, is now Wilma!  These beauties, and I mean BEAUTIES, are still up for grabs. Have had no applications for them yet!  Can you imagine that!  And they are so precious!



FOURTH STREET MAMA

This morning, I set a trap to catch a cat on Fourth Street.  I got the Tortie mom.  She was none too happy.  On top of that, we set up two shelters with a board over them at two locations - Stout Street, and Fourth Street.  There is heavy rain expected tomorrow, and I wanted to make sure the food was somewhat covered so that these poor cats with NOTHING can have a dry bite to eat.

Finally, here is a picture of a rescue done earlier this year from Central Park between Fifth and Sixth Streets.  This gal was hanging around every morning waiting for her gruel under a tree. Finally, we got her.   And here she is adopted, loving life in her new home. 

STORMI


Have a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment