Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Perseverance


ELLIE w/Foster Mom Sue (He would love to be adopted!)

A quiet morning out there.  We hurried more than usual due to impending rain this morning.  I wanted to be sure the 'under the tree' kitties could eat their food without being rained upon.  I can sure use smaller CAMO tarps.  8x10?  7x11?  Not sure if they make that size.  I have some shelters that are small enough.  Remember, for anyone reading for the first time, I am trying to shelter the cats that have NOTHING.  When there is a storm, or when they just want to rest.  Rest is needed for everyone and everything.  Can you imagine sleeping under a bush?  Or under a filthy porch with a hole in it and you have to crawl in and out of that hole?  Can you imagine it being ZERO degrees, or even 20 for that matter.  And having nothing to keep  you warm.  Can you imagine it blizzarding outside?  This is where TWO shelters AND a board, AND a pallet, AND a tarp come in to play.  The two shelters are facing each other with room on the inside to place food and water and for the cat to stand comfortably.  The board goes over the two shelters like a roof, and the tarp goes over all that, leaving room for the cat to enter.  The tarp is weighted down with heavy brick or rocks to keep it from blowing off.    Ideally, it should be THREE shelters – one in the back, the other two facing each other.  This is what makes an actual shelter, out of three totes.  And ideally, the shelter should be facing the east, because storms brew mostly from the west.  When it snows, you have to shovel the snow around the shelter so the cats can get in and out.  There are so many things to consider.  And think about it.  I have over 20 shelters out there, consisting of three containers at each location.

SARA says ADOPT ME!

MUFFIN says ADOPT ME!


RORY!
BOTH NEED HOMES!!!

I recently did a fundraiser on Facebook – I’ve never done one and I was not hopeful for a big turnout of donations, but I got enough so far to cover my $2K+ bill at the clinic, a balance at Pittsford Animal hospital, with a little left over for food, which is $150 per week.  Thank you to all that have contributed to it.  I know money is precious, and I thank you for parting with yours for help with the care of our precious homeless animals out there.  I am continuing the fundraiser until January.  We will see how it goes.  Although, then again, I am not sure if they pay you in increments before the fundraiser ends.  Does anyone know?



The turnout is progressing for the Paint and Purr on November 2nd.  It should be fun.  Kristin and her friend Susan, both art teachers at Gates-Chili High School will be the artists teaching us how to paint a pretty picture.  Bonus:  There is a bar.  J  Its at the Churchville Moose Lodge from 12-3.  We only have 40 spots so reservations must be made with me prior.   

STELLA and her six kittens!


After that we have the Feed a Cat for Christmas campaign!  I spend $40+ to feed 100+ cats daily.  Yes, that is how much it cost me to each day when I pack up the dry food (44lbs) and the wet food (over a case of the large cans).

That’s it for today.

Make it a great one!

"Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak."

No comments:

Post a Comment