Monday, October 28, 2019

Festivities...

In response to the comment last week when the woman was slumped over the steering wheel, and someone mentioning me carrying Narcan... (sp?) ... thanks Scout and Huck's mom for your comment yesterday!  Thankfully, yesterday's scare was a rare occurrence, and thankfully, the paramedics were there within minutes. 

It was a very busy weekend.  But there were times for relaxation!  My grammar school friend had a party at her house.  What a gorgeous fall day it was to sit outside and RELAX.  I am showing you a very rare occurrence, a picture of me!  :)  and my friends.

ME and My Little Friend ELLA!


I also got to see Muffin yesterday.  He is still a bit on the shy side.  He is not shy though with his foster Melissa though!  He acts like a regular cat with her!  We were able to trim his nails, which were daggers.  Whoever winds up with Muffin will have hit a jackpot.  Loyal to the end, once he gains your trust, which won’t take long.  He is a gorgeous soft furred cat.

Max finally went to his new home on Sunday.  He has been with Foster Sue for a while now, and is now being loved in a new home.  He had a canine brother (or sister?) – I can’t wait for the update!

MAX
On Saturday morning I brought Goldilocks to her new home.  Remember Goldilocks?  She was the mother of SEVEN kittens!  I unfortunately did not record the rescue of Goldi, which I am sad about.  Does anyone out there remember her circumstances?  Anyway, she is now with her new mom, but having trouble with diarrhea, so she is on a pro biotic and a change in food.  Grain free.  Any other suggestions?  We will give her time – she has moved from one home to another, and hopefully will now settle in to her forever person. 



I received word that little Daniel has not been well received at his ‘new home’ by the older resident cat, Cocoa Bean.  He will most likely go back to his original foster mom Sue’s house.  Sad.  His person right now is sad too.  I am sure she wishes this were easier on Cocoa Bean AND Daniel.  Any suggestions would help!

DANIEL
Finally, a woman came over yesterday to meet Junebug and Joey.  As usual, Joey was a BRAT and wasn’t very sweet.  He just hid and cried being stuck on the porch for a few hours.  Junebug was Junebug, just a little sweetie.  The woman fell in love, and is willing to give Joey time to trust.  She wants to adopt them both!  I have very mixed feelings on this as I have spent so much time and money on them.  Junebug mainly.  I do love them, but need to move forward with them.  I am trying to dwindle the number of cats I have, and this will help.  I just pray they adjust to a new home.  I am so worried.

JUNEBUG

JOEY

More on street stories tomorrow. 

Have to get off to work!

Have a great day!



4 comments:

  1. You had never seen Goldilocks before you rescued her. You said she just walked up to you extremely pregnant and you just couldn't leave her especially since she was so sweet. You scooped her up and took her home. I am not sure what street you got her from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re diarrhea we had some issues with scout, Goldilocks daughter, and figured out that she just has a sensitive system. she ate ONLY chicken rice and pumpkin for a couple of days and very slowly transitioned to one specific brand and flavor of wet food and one specific brand and flavor of dry food that seemed to work for her (Fancy feast kitten whitefish and Purina one kitten food. The fancier brands didn't work because either she wouldn't eat them or they were too much for her stomach) now I don't let her get anything else at all ever! Just these two foods. That seems to work really well for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colostrum | VCA Animal Hospital

    "When taken internally, colostrum has been shown to aid in the proper function of the intestinal tract, reducing the severity of inflammatory bowel disease symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation.
    It appears to ease food intolerances or allergies, gingivitis and infections."

    https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/colostrum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe if the new owner keeps Daniel in a crate, in the same area as Coco Bean, he will eventually be accepted.

    ReplyDelete