Monday, October 21, 2019

Happy Monday!


What a weekend.  Saturday Sheryl and sometimes Saturday Kim and I went out and did the rounds, and built up some shelters getting ready for winter.  That was a chore in itself, but then I wound up going home and later do some major cleaning and moving furniture around and could barely move by Saturday afternoon.  The pain in my joints was unbelievable.  I could barely walk or raise my arms.  This getting old sucks sometimes.  Its not that I AM old, its my joints that are caving in, and its all due to CATS!  I have been bending and stooping for how many years now, feeding cats outdoors?  Everything is ground level so I have to BEND.  Its done a number on my joints, and hip!  Damn cats!

It was a nice morning out there.  41 degrees.  Cool enough to turn on the heat in the truck, but warm enough to open a window.  There is always some excitement in the morning.  Today was no exception.  I turned the corner to Central Park off Goodman at 4:30 am. and there was a car, not quiet pulled to the side, so had to inch my way past it.  As I went past, the light was on in the side, the window open, and a person slumped over.  I turned around and drove by again to confirm.  Yup, slumped.  I called 911 and went about my business.  After doing Short Street, I turned back around to see if anyone showed up.  An ambulance was there.  I thought that strange that there was no police.  I stopped and listened.  I could hear them asking about alcohol, I could see two medical personnel – one at her opened door, the other on the other door.  I could hear the person, it was a woman, behind the wheel.  She was denying stuff that they were asking (alcohol, drugs).  I drove off after feeling like a nosey Nellie.  We went about doing a few more locations to feed the babies, but I just HAD to find out if the police arrived.  And sure enough, now there were TWO ambulances, and THREE police cars.  I just HAD to be the nosey Nellie again, inched my way past them, and I thought I saw a child in the passenger seat.  Can you imagine, the woman is slumped over unconscious, and the child is just sitting there?  Later, we thought we saw a tow truck drive past us on Bay Street with said car.  We were pretty sure an arrest was made.  Crazy.

DANIEL
Daniel went to a new home on Sunday!  They are former adopters of Esmeralda, from years ago.  They renamed her Cocoa Bean.  Daniel was quite shy when I delivered him, and I am waiting on an update.  I pray Cocoa Bean accepts her new little brother.  In the meantime, he is alone.  But the parents and their children were totally in love with him, so I am happy about that.  Thank you dear Sue for your selfless fostering.  You’ve not had a break from kittens, and it can be overwhelming.

Jac is still waiting on a home too!  Lets get her adopted!

JAC
Sue took in two new kittens – Lexi and Mya – and I saw them on Sunday.  They are two tiny balls of fluff.  Gorgeous kittens.  Now we just need to get Rory and Lily adopted!  And Ellie!  And Weenie!  We are waiting on Max to be adopted by a woman named Liz.  She was supposed to take another kitten, Parker, who passed away.  She will be picking out a new kitten to pair with Max. 

Stella and her six babies!
I went to visit the new Mother, we named her Stella.  Estelle is the foster mom for her and her six newbies, that were born on Wednesday of last week.   They are gorgeous kittens, and Stella looks a lot like Fluffy, who is still with Stella.  We still have Fluffy, Monty, Muffin and Sara to get adopted out – they are all adults.  Adult cats make the best cats. They are so grateful to their rescuers/fosters. 

Parsells Kittens
Finally for today, Chuck and Danielle rescued the second kitten from Parsells #3.  The first one they rescued, I had them bring to Pittsford Animal Hospital as they are good about getting a kitten in last minute for me.  They think its 6 weeks old, covered in fleas, and said too early to get combo tested.  I am not sure about that, I’ve had other kittens combo tested at that age, I think, but I am glad that they got this second one.  Chuck had to tear apart my shelter, but put it back together again nicely.  Thanks Chuck.  They are holding on to these two for now.  Chuck thinks there is a third kitten.  We MUST get this tortie mama fixed. I am sure this is NOT her first litter.

That’s it for me!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog, Janine! This is Scout and Huck's mom. Do you carry Narcan? It sounds like the person in the car is okay, thankfully, but it might make sense to carry Narcan given the areas in the city you're working in - it's super easy to administer and saves lives. I can get some for you if you want :)

    ReplyDelete