Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Hump Day!




It was a quiet morning out there.  The calm before the storm.  Today, Monty will be delivered to his new home.  Thanks so much to his foster mom Gaye.  You see, Gaye saved Monty’s life when it comes right down to it.  If it weren’t for her offering to foster him, he would still be on the street, and chances of him surviving are slim.  There are so many dangers out there, especially on city streets.  Fosters are so important.  Now, with Monty going to hopefully a great home – Afton has a roommate with a gentle lab – and Gaye has offered to take another.  There is another STEVIE out there, on the corner of Grand Avenue and Stout Street.  He is a SWEETHEART.  Runs to me, and follows me back to the car.  Thursday, tomorrow, I am hoping to grab him.  I may be grabbing him in the rain – praying he comes to me if it is.

There is also a seven month old kitten that is just as sweet as can be that I want to rescue.  I just need a foster.  And the female that I TNR’d last week on Melville, she is very very sweet.  And very very tiny now that she is not having babies.  I would love to find her a home, and fast.

Kings and I battened down some tarps –  we are due some very strong winds beginning tomorrow, and some heavy rain.  Many thanks to Gary and June for the drop off Monday, and many thanks to Kim who also dropped off a load of tarps.  I needed smaller sized camo tarps, and they delivered.  Many thanks to Susan and her husband Bart who dropped off four large Styrofoam boxes.  After painting, they were all delivered to their prospective locations.  I discovered one was trashed this morning.  That’s just mean.  On Short Street, on the vacant brick house that belongs to Jimmy, who I have shared many nice conversations with.  I think its his son coming back and doing stuff like that.  He never touches the plates of food and water bowl, but demolished the lid of the shelter.  Just mean.

My needs?  Bricks, and heavy rocks.  I had to scavenge for them this morning.

The Paint and Purr is now solidly booked.  We had spots for 40 and we are just there.  Thank you every one for signing up, and thank you to those that just made a donation toward it.  It should be fun!  The picture is one that Kristin created.  Pumpkins.   Should be fairly easy!



Thanks to Carol at Mileage Master, she is doing a food drive for myself and Carol, who also does TNR and rescue around the city.  Here is the flier for that.  I hope you will consider, and participate!

Have a great day!

"If you cannot do great things, 
do small things in a great way."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Friends o Janine, is anyone on the neighborhood? There are often posts from people looking to get rid of materials. I've got an inquiry out on bricks for free right now. Keep an eye out for stuff they can use for free!

    ReplyDelete