Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween!



I'm all over the place lately.  Here is post from Tuesday that I forgot to include.


Tuesday TNR


Parsells #3.  Still trying to catch the tortie that keeps having babies there!    Instead I got this poor baby on Tuesday morning.  Will try again Thursday.  Most are fixed at this location, but she is not, and obviously, neither was this guy.  Might be  baby daddy?  I had to let him go once he sat on my porch that afternoon after surgery, to sober up.  Its the worst feeling in the world to let an animal back to the streets.

TODAY - HALLOWEEN!



Today, I got this precious kitty.  He's been hanging around Grand and Stout Street forever.  I am hoping to get the little kitten the next time.  He was a talkative kitty the whole ride this morning, and it was not a sweet meowing, it was more angry meow... like probably swearing in kitty talk - saying "get me the #$%#$ out of this contraption!"  As I said to him, you don't know how lucky you are today, but hopefully he will realize it soon after he is vetted today.  He will go straight to Gaye's house after for her to foster.



Her last foster, Montgomery - Monty for short - went to his new home yesterday, and the report I received from Afton, his new mom, was that he was doing great, didn't seem to care much for the dog, and was purring and laying on her bed.  Yay!

CHANCE - Skin and Bone
I received this note from Chance's mom.  I am so grateful to her for keeping me updated on his progress.  He is the kitty I almost had euthanized one very cold, very miserable morning until Saturday Sheryl interceded and said, let me take him, see what I can do with him.  Under my direction, she brought him to a vet that supports my rescue, and we got him his initial exam, which was grim.  He was severely underweight, malnourished, etc.  But Sheryl did her magic, and here he is today.  His new family loves him dearly.  Thanks Jen for this recent update!  PS, his new name is Tobin!

"Hi Janine –
Time for a Tobin Chance update! He is so stinkin’ cute, I can’t stand it. He’s sweet, happy, and just a good little boy. He likes to sit on the pillows on the bed in the back bedroom looking out the window. When I go in he pops his little head up and says “meow!” Still has the quietest little voice. He’s funny – if I talk to him (meow!) he talks back to me. When I come home from work and call his name, I can hear his little voice calling back to me. He purrs loud now, loud enough to hear him without putting my head on this back. He even lets me pet his belly now. He comes down to the landing on the stairs in the evenings and hangs out in a bed he likes there. He plays with the string and likes to bat his foil ball and mice up and down the stairs.

On the 19th we adopted a new dog. I was pretty worried about him since he can be so timid. We brought the new dog in the house, and within an hour here he comes! He walked right up to her, sniffed around and walked away. We were shocked, couldn’t believe he actually did that. He has not had any issues with her at all and he’s just sort of rolling with it. He has really come a long way since we adopted him." 





Happy Stories!!!

Have a GREAT DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment