Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Love Bite!

Before I tell you what my life has been like this week, I want to share the latest member of JanineTheBean Rescue.  No name yet.  I got a message from someone in the city that asked me to take this baby kitten they found in the rain, under an air conditioner.  After some help by some very wonderful people (Paula for getting kitten - Estelle for going to Paula's to pick up kitten for the night), kitten was taken to vet and had all sorts of tests performed, and is a healthy bouncing baby boy.  Then, thanks to Sue, she came over to get kitten at the end of the day yesterday, to give it some TLC with her other fosters, and to take a load off my very full plate.  Kitten is adorable, and I am trying to think of just the right name.  Tiny tiny tiny.  6 weeks old, and very thin.



Its been a crazy two days.  So, my 'helper', Kings, got bit by Joey on Saturday.  We had someone coming to visit Junebug and Joey for possible adoption, and they were placed on the porch so they wouldn't be hiding when said adoptee came to meet them.  Well, SOMEONE forgot about them on the porch and opened the door.  Joey began to run back into the house, and SOMEONE grabbed him a bit too hard and Joey turned around and bit bit bit.

So, each day that passed, Kings hand got bigger and bigger.  Monday, he went to doctor, where they gave him a shot, placed him on antibiotics, and told him to come back for a follow-up the next day.  He did, and they sent him to Emergency.  ED put him on an IV drip.  Before I knew it this morning, they had admitted him.  They ablated (is that the right word?) the bite wound to drain it, and it seems, according to last report,  the swelling is going down.

Now, this caused a big problem for me because ever since -- before my hip was going June a YEAR ago, I was doing all the food, and doing the feeding in the mornings.  At all locations.  Then Kings began to help out.  Then he began to get the food ready.  And he always did the litter boxes, so that wasn't a problem.  But yesterday and today, I have had to do everything, including work a full time job.  So, lets just say, it hasn't been easy.  I went out all by myself this morning at 3:15 and just got the job done.  I wish I had help.  I will be doing it all over again when I get home.  Getting the food ready, cleaning litter boxes, and getting up at 2:45 tomorrow to go out at 3:15 and feed all those cats again.  It put a damper on my plans to rescue two kitties.  Oh well.

I just pray Kings is OK.  It makes you realized how good you have it - when you have help.  I am grateful to him for all his hard work.  NOW GET BETTER!

Have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment