Friday, October 4, 2019

SAVE THE DATE!

What another miserable rainy morning!  Good gosh!  The rain stopped right at the end of my route.  I brought a board to lean against a tree at one spot - 4th and Pennsylvania.  A thin board. The cats would be wet, but their food wouldn't. 

On Second and Bay, where I place a bowl under a mattress that leans against a building for a beautiful black fluffy cat that runs to us each morning, and another cat that hides in the vacant lot there, there are usually prostitutes hanging around, many run to the truck when I pull over to feed, and when they realize what I'm doing, they stop mid-stride and turn back around.  Its kind of funny.  This morning though, I noticed someone standing against the building with no overhang, but there is this person, flicking a lighter on something he's got in his mouth, and seconds later, out comes a plume of smoke.  Yep, its CRACK.  I then see him perk up, round a corner, and then come back, dance in the street, and then back to the corner before I almost hit the person.  I yelled out the window, "that stuff is going to kill you!"  All I heard was something like 'yup.'  That's pretty sad.  I can't imagine this person's life.

SOPHIE

APOLLO & SOPHIE
Our beautiful girl Sophie was spayed yesterday, and brought to Foster Dad Max's house, where he reports she is doing good.  Can't wait for today's report.  He sent a few pics along.   Max was a foster fail for the older kitten I rescued from Parsells a few months ago, who he has renamed Apollo, and he says that they are unsure of each other now, but JUST wait Max! They will be buds soon enough!  The clinic listed her as juvenile, so she is under a year.  And not pregnant, which is a miracle.  Max reports this morning:  "She's very affectionate. She’s doing well! She stayed up on the cat tree overnight (or at least she was there when I came in) but moved down to the larger lower platform which might be where she slept. She isn’t afraid of me and loves being petted. No wet food and she hasn’t taken much interest in the dry food but she loves turkey slices which I am feeding her now"

MYA & LEXI
So we have so many beauties that need homes, including two ones that Foster Mom Sue's husband brought home, from the same barn as Daniel, Davey and Bobby.  They were fearful, but are coming around.  They are about 7-8 weeks old.  We are trying to get better pics of them both.

Lets get some kitties adopted so I can rescue more!

Have a great day!

PS, SAVE THE DATE!  11/2!  Purr and Paint!

“The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious of the rose.”

No comments:

Post a Comment