Monday, November 25, 2019

Winner!

What a weekend!  First off, I won the Silver category in the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle publication under Charity Organizations.  Readers had to vote, and I won!  I am so proud and honored by this.  To imagine all the people that voted enough for me out of the other larger rescues in this town...  I was just blown away.   I am so very humbled by this.  Thank you to June for pointing this out to me on Sunday morning!  I would never have known about it as I don't subscribe to the D&C!  Thank you.  (click on pics to see up close)






So the best news of all, Muffin was adopted this weekend.  A very kind soul named Bonita, who knows what its like for a cat to be traumatized and scared due to people giving up on them, or needing to rehome…  Bonita is for life.  The real deal.  She is going to give Muffin time and patience to come out of her shell with her, as he began with Melissa, his foster for the second time.  Muffin has been renamed Nutmeg, as Bonita already has a cat named Muffin!  Muffin is meeting all his new brothers and sisters, and will never be lonely!  Hats off to Bonita, and many many thanks to Melissa for helping me with so many cats over the years.  Thank you so much for your foster care, Melissa!  Her work never ends, as she will be taking in another cat for a friend as soon as they are able to get the cat off the street.

We held a kitten event at West Elm on Saturday, and that was a success!  We got two kittens adopted!  Jax and Squeaky!  J  They will go to their new home when age-appropriate, in the next few weeks.  Mom Stella will be spayed tomorrow, and its about time – all kittens are weaned and she is SICK of nursing!  I don’t think Stella really wanted to be a mother, but you know how it is on the streets…  She didn’t really have a lot of choices!

Saturday night I attended a Birthday Bash for a magazine publication – Lake Affect – which is published by my friend Michelle.  Michelle had myself and another rescue organization Joyful Rescues there – where T-shirts and hoodies designed by local children were sold, and we were the benefactors of the donations.  I am still  not sure how we made out, but how kind.  And it was great getting to meet and talk to all the people there.   Thank you, Michelle. 

Joel came out feeding with me Friday morning – he was fast and efficient.  Thank you so much Joel!  He even showed up at the kitten event and brought some of his awesome books he wrote about the life of cats on the streets - the cat's perspective.  Thanks to those that purchased them.  Good read!

I got a call from Sunny’s foster, Thelma, who wanted to report that she has fallen in love with Sunny, and wants to adopt her.  I will go over to her house this week to help clip her nails and finalize that deal.


I received a ton of pictures from Max, who is fostering Garrett.  What a great cat.  We need to get him adopted before Max falls in love with him.  Garrett gets along with cats and dogs - bonus!  




Garrett and Apollo

Garrett and Ollie


Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. You are very welcome Boss !
    Congratz on your win !

    For any who dont know yet - my two books called GUARDIAN ANGEL are all about the cats Janine has rescued in the past few years.
    The stories are written from the CATS point of view.
    These books are unique, touching, and different.
    If you follow Janine's blog you will love them ! Each cat is one you have surely read about.
    Now hear what life on the streets is about - and what its like to be rescued by Janine and her helpers !
    :)

    ReplyDelete