Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Happy Hump Day?

“May the morning breeze refresh your mind and cleanse your exhausted soul so you can fill them once again with new hope, dreams, and desires! Good morning!"

LILY watching the snow...  

So, yesterday we had our first major snowfall of the season.  A very early one, we don't usually get a storm that early in November.  ITS STILL FALL FOR GOD'S SAKE!  I knew that morning it was not going to be easy.  Compile that with my fear of falling…  It was also the first time I had to wear my winter snow boots, which I had not had on since I fell and broke my ankle in February.  February 6th to be exact.  You should have felt my fear when I actually pulled up to Parsells #2 and had to walk down the driveway of the scene of the crime.  Yikes.  At each location, either Kings or I did the shoveling.  Mostly he did.  My shoulders --- I am waiting for the 18th to get my shots…  my body….  Its agonizing what I go through every day.  I need shots in every part of my body just about.  Arthritis hurts so bad.  I don’t wish it on my worst enemy.  Wait, I have only one of those, and guess who it is.  The guy in the yellow Humvee who has been taking my boards.  Can you believe, in the midst of the storm, or after it died down yesterday, that A#$%#^ took the heavy door on Niagara Street that had been placed there by Kim to keep the snow off their food.  If I could only find out where he lives, he must have enough wood to build a house on his property.  I could then get him for theft I’ll bet.  I am going to start writing some nasty messages on the future boards I place there.  My friends June and Gary have become quite creative and are using heaving cardboard spray painting and covering it with cheap brown plastic vinyl (tablecloths?) and it serves as a board lean-to.  If anyone would like to know how to do, feel free to ask. If anyone has any doors they are getting rid of, please let me know.  Someday, this guy will stop, but in the meantime, he won’t stop me and needs to know that.  I will continue to place something there every day if I have to safeguard their food.  These poor babies that run out of their shelters when I pull up.  It's sickening how this person uses his time, just to hurt me.  He is heartless and needs to be stopped. I printed his plate # the other day.  Police can’t do anything until I can ID him.

Snowflake had to go to the vet yesterday. His little bottom was covered in dried poop.  No wonder he has not been feeling good.  That little trip, along with being given antibiotics for the infection he developed, and combo and pan leuk testing cost me a sweet close to $200.  And people balk at the cost of a kitten.

A former adopter reached out to me last night and said that he husband’s aunt recently lost her kitty, and would like to try fostering.  I immediately thought of the little girl I had to return to the street two weeks ago after I had her spayed.  She has had two litters that I am sure never survived if she had them outside.  She was purring in the trap the morning I had to return it.  It broke my heart.  She runs to me every morning since to be fed on Melville.  Well, my intention, after reading this, was to get her immediately off the street today, even before I spoke to the Aunt about fostering.  It was 19 degrees out this a.m.  Unfortunately, she was not there.  I will try again tomorrow, and definitely will speak to the Aunt about the joys of fostering. 

THAT is why it is SO IMPORTANT to talk to your family, talk to your friends about the NEED for fostering.  In my case, these are cats right off the street, ready to be someone’s pet, AGAIN.  These cats have been socialized and abandoned.  We need to help them.  It's our responsibility.  Sara is finally being adopted!  Foster Sue has seen SO many kitties come and go through her.   All of my fosters have.  IT WILL HAPPEN EVENTUALLY.  You just have to be patient, as a foster, and keep spreading the word!

Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment