Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The Scoop



First of all, thank you to those that expressed your sympathies on the passing of my little Scooter.  His absence is truly felt around the house.  I miss him so much.   It's so hard to say goodbye to them, but knowing they are in a better, happier place, up there, is comforting.  They can have all the fresh tuna they want, and lounge on the heavens most comforting blankets they want, without being shoved aside for the humans to sit on.   We will surely be reunited with all of our furry and non-furry pets someday.

It was a quiet morning out there.  It was also 37 degrees.  Cold.  I am so thankful for the shelters provided by a few of you when I asked for them on Monday.  I am thankful for the shelters I have out there for the cats who are smart enough to use them.  Not all of them are you know. Sad.  I wish they would.  We are supposed to get snow tonight, most likely just a dusting. 

The location on Niagara has not been bothered since Saturday.  Although the shelter that was set up in the dark in a hurry is not quite what I wanted it to be either.  It needs building up, and some of the Styrofoam shelters underneath are lidless with a board over them, with a tarp over that, so I must get that fixed also. These were the REALLY nice Styrofoam boxes, the extra-long ones.  Demolished.  I hope this man burns in hell, I really do.  Surrounded by the boards he has removed, and I hope that he suffers greatly the way he has allowed the cats he displaces have to suffer.  The same goes for the person who stops by Jimmy’s house on Short Street.  The house is vacant, and I feed Mr. Whiskers and a few other cats that for some reason aren’t going to the back of the lot.  Kings tells me – he is the one that walks to the back of the lot – I am still not great at walking distances – that there are two new cats there, with collars, and hungry.  Cats are territorial.  I hope Whiskers and the other two cats that won’t go to the back of the lot get over it when the weather changes.  The person that goes over to Jimmy’s – could be his nephew – has also destroyed one of the very nice Stryo boxes.  The lid is gone, so I turned the box on its side and the straw is on the bottom, and there are two perfectly round spots in the straw where the cats lay.  But its completely exposed.  I also added straw to an empty kitchen trash bin that was on the porch.  They are using that too. I did place another smaller box on the porch there this morning, we’ll see how long that lasts.

Garrett is doing well with his foster little brother and his foster canine brother 

 as is Monty
Fluffy
the mom of many kittens that all have been adopted out is still available.  She is with foster mom Estelle.  Stella
who is a mom to six kittens yet unnamed, is doing well and needs to be adopted soon.  I am hoping to name the kittens this weekend!  We can then get them out there.  I will have to ask my favorite photographer/former adopter, Jennifer, if she can go and take pictures.  Then we have the Muffin man.
 He is just the sweetest most docile little boy.  Then there is Sara,
who has had an interest from many, but no one commits.  She is just precious.  So we have two boys and three girls.  Then there are the kittens!  Rory and Lily

need to move on to a new home.  The sweetest!  Then there is Weenie
  and we have a new one yet unnamed that foster mom Sue took in yesterday.  Ellie
is also still waiting for a home.  Then there are the four at Sheryl’s house.  I am very confused by two of their names, but for sure one is Tom,
one is Jerry, others are Smudge and Marbles.  Then we have fosters Danielle and Chuck who have Joey and Henry
and fosters Patti and Todd who have Winifred, Mary, and Billy

Mya and Lexi will go to their new homes.  MAN, that’s a lot of cats.


Let's get them adopted!!!


1 comment:

  1. Dear Janine,

    Karon and I extend our deepest and sincerest condolences to you and Kings for the loss of your precious Scooter. We are certain he is playing in Kitty heaven looking down at you bragging to all his playmates how fortunate he was to have such a great Mommy as you. You undoubtedly extended his life by a decade or more but most importantly gave Scooter approximately 14 yrs. of unconditional tender loving care.

    RIP SCOOTER!


    Walt & Karon Simoni

    ReplyDelete