Friday, November 8, 2019

TFGIFF (figure that one out)


A huge thank you to Joel for giving me a break today and heading out into the dark at 3:30 am. to feed cats with Kings.  Joel has been AWOL for a while now with personal issues, and has been missed!  I haven’t had a morning off since…………….  Sometime in June, I believe, when I was able to walk, and get into a car, after my hip surgery May 28th.  Despite the car alarm going off at 3:26 am., and me having to scream “the alarm!  Turn off the alarm!” and then (“but the keys were in my pocket!”), grrrrr……  I managed to catch a few extra winks.  We had our first snowfall yesterday – just a dusting, but nevertheless, the start of a long winter season.  As I told someone yesterday though, ‘spring is just around the corner!’.  And that is what I believe.   I love all four seasons, really I do.  I just don’t love winter because it is hard on the homeless animals.  ALL animals. 





I received a message yesterday from a friend of mine.   Her daughter found three kittens in a bush near her work.  They live out in Marion.  She asked me if I could take them in, even if she had to foster for a while.  Even though I knew my few foster people are full at the moment, Patti and her husband have done a lot for me, so I couldn’t say no.   The kittens were brought to the vet and tested for both Pan Leuk and combo test.  The vet said they are about four weeks, no more.  They are barely weaned.  Patti is having a hard time, even at the instruction of the vet with the formula and to feed every three hours, and myself with mixing KMR with some pate.   She has never had to bottle feed kittens.  The kittens weren’t eating.   She asked if I could take them now.  This was yesterday, I am waiting to hear today.  IF there is anyone that can offer to take them for just a few weeks, I would be very appreciative.  Here are pictures of these little beauties.  Winifred, Billy and Mary.

Carol's Ferals trapped yesterday

Junebug and Joey are slowly adapting to their new home. Their mom Judy let them out of her room to explore.  So far so good. I miss them terribly, they sounded like a freight train over my head when playing upstairs.  Mya and Lexi go to their new home tomorrow.  The two fluffballs.  Meanwhile, another rescue group, Carols Ferals, was in a quandry as to bringing in these two kittens above to the shelter, or if I could take them.. and so we did.  Foster Sue took in these two kittens around seven or eight weeks old – so now we have more kittens.  Oh, she also took in another kitten two days ago that we believe is Mya and Lexi’s sibling, and I named her, or him, Snowflake.  At first it was Snowball, but I think I like Snowflake better.   Good God.  We need more fosters!  We need to take some of these kittens off of Foster Mom Sue’s hands.  Stella and her babies are doing well.  The babies are crazy, maybe 11 days now I believe?  I will be going to foster mom Estelle’s house to name them this weekend.

SNOWFLAKE

So, lots going on.  Lets get Muffin, Monty, Fluffy, Sara, Garrett, Rory, Lily and Ellie adopted!  Spread the word!!!

Lily and Eli


Have a great day!
"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens."

1 comment:

  1. Happy to help !
    Got to see all my favs - Belle, Max's cat - PITA red (not really my fav) Fluffy red at Melville. There are some super friendly young cats at the Central ave stops. I love getting head butts from street cats ! Makes me feel like I have "street cred" - hahahaha !
    :)

    ReplyDelete