Monday, November 11, 2019

Midnight

MIDNIGHT

I wish I had a picture of her white tipped tail!

When it rains it pours.   On Friday I had an appointment for Midnight, who had a drippy eye, and needed her nails trimmed very bad.  I thought she would just get a shot of convenia, or some eye drops, and that would take care of everything.  Well, 15 minutes into her appointment, the doctor called me to say that she has a large tumor in the back of her mouth and its pushing on her eye.  Inoperable.  My poor little girl.  I came close to having her euthanized right then and there, I was in such shock.  But then I realized, wait, she could be sent home with pain meds and given antibiotics while there, because I never even got to say goodbye to her!  So home she came, and we’ve had a nice weekend cuddling together.  I will make the appointment the first sign I see that she is really uncomfortable, although her eye is coming out of her socket, not bad, but you can tell.  Midnight was rescued from Grand Avenue many years ago, when Miss B. became homeless, and I took in her two cats, Midnight and Buster.  She left everything behind, including the cats outside.  Midnight had a litter prior, and when I got her, I had her spayed, and she came right home to my house and acclimated quickly to being indoors.  She is my little girl and I am going to miss her terribly when she is gone.  I never suspected she would be next.  My little Mary Jane, Scooter’s sister, is not doing great, but still cuddling and eating, so I am waiting on that too.  The vets must think I am terrible when they see the shape of these guys, Mary Jane and Baylee…  Skin and bone, and their coats not the greatest, but they are still happy and don’t appear to be suffering…  its so hard to make that decision.

Its snowing out.  Yes, and we are supposed to get a foot of snow by tomorrow morning.  Its so sad for the kitties that do not have a home.  I have about four cats that I feed on the side of the street that will not be able to get to their food tomorrow morning when I pull up.  I mean, I will do the best that I can, but its going to be rough.  These cats are all adoptable.  I just wish people would step up and foster one.  JUST FOUR PEOPLE IS ALL I NEED!  Say a little prayer for all the homeless out there tomorrow.

The rest of this blog is about kitties that ARE NOT homeless.  I delivered Mya and Lexie to their new home this weekend.  They join a wonderful family with a female retriever puppy.  Oh boy, that should be fun.  But I’ve heard nothing but good so far.  Thanks to Sue Cherry, who has cats AND dogs so its easier for the kitties she fosters to acclimate to a new home with the same.  And thanks again to Sue for fostering.  She truly has saved many lives.   Oh, when I was at Sue’s I got to see Sara. Gosh what a SWEET girl she is.  We need to find her a forever home. She was sleeping in a chair amidst the chaos of two dogs and a few kitties in between.  


ELLIE

LILY and ELLIE


BUCK and MARTEN

I also got to hold Lily, Rory, Ellie, and met the three newbies, Snowflake, Buck and Marten.

SCOOBY!

Scooby update:  His new mom says that Scooby likes to eat lettuce, and has an affinity for going through the garbage!  But he is loved!

I received an update from Goldilocks new mom, and she is so in love.  Look at this:

GOLDI

I went to visit Stella and her kittens this weekend at Foster Estelle’s house.  We named the kittens!  TA DA!!!  We have given them colored collars to identify them.  I am also waiting for a date from West Elm to show them.  They get some great traffic through there, especially this time of year. 

Girls:
NOELLE – purple collar
ANNIE – grey collar

Boys:
NIPSY – orange collar
AXEL – blue collar
SQUEAKY – grey collar
JAX – brown collar







  
Henry and Joey (girl) seem to be doing well also.  Waiting on new pics from Fosters Danielle and Chuck.

HENRY and JOEY

Today, kittens Mary, Billy and Winifred are taking a trip to the vet – they are having issues with going to the bathroom!  They are five weeks this week, and still adjusting to weaning.   Another expense.  These cats cost me a fortune.  Ugh.  But we can’t let these little ones suffer.  






Thanks to fosters Patti and Todd for their determination to care for them. 

 
GARRETT


We also have Garrett, who I rescued from the corner of Grand and Stout Streets.  His foster Max says all is well.  He has adjusted great, and Max has Apollo the kitten, who was adopted by me (Max was a foster fail!) and his dog Ollie.  So Garrett swings both ways!  He will easily adapt to a new home with cats or dogs.



I went to visit Monty yesterday too.  He is a little love bug who loves treats.

And Muffin is still adorable, look at this



We need to find these guys homes!

Have a great day!

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends, the animals, especially for animals who are suffering: for animals that are over-worked, under-fed and cruelly treated: for all wistful creatures in captivity: for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe all the kittens and cats you have rescued and can keep track of. Simply amazing!!

    ReplyDelete