Thursday, November 14, 2019

November!


Today was the day I was going to put Midnight to sleep, due to the large tumor growing inside her mouth.  Last night, I sat with her after dipping my finger in a jar of baby food, and she started to lick.  I then scooped more out into a dish  and placed her down on the floor, and she lapped it up.  Same thing this morning.  And then she stretched like cats stretch, and scratched at the rug.  And then I said, nope, I can't do it today.   So I called and cancelled.  I did not reschedule, as I don't know when her time will be, but it ain't today.  My heart is heavy, she is my little lover girl.  She purrs in my arms, yet cowers when you move your hand to pet her.  She wasn't always fearful like this, maybe it has to do with her level of pain and her mouth being sore?, I am not sure, but I will know.  I won't let an animal suffer under my watch, you can be sure of that.

The @#$@# did it again on Niagara. He took a piece of cardboard that had been fixed up to withstand the elements, as we had another bout of snow, lake effect this time.  I would pay someone to sit and watch and catch the bastard (pardon my French).  If I didn’t work, you can bet your bottom dollar I would sit and watch, and wait, and then confront.  And take a picture of whatever he is driving, and of him.  OR I would follow him after his theft, and see where he goes.  Where he lives, where he is keeping all those boards and doors he has taken from me.

Five years ago I was bestowed Janine Wagner Day thanks to Walt and Karon Simoni going to bat for me and the cats.  I was given a proclamation signed by the Mayor.  The wording is sweet, the sentiment is too, but unfortunately, nothing has changed as far as help from the city to end the overpopulation or the suffering these cats endure.  No one has helped the few of us out there trapping these cats to get them spayed or neutered, and nothing has come of sheltering these poor cats.  We still have people like the person above getting away with making these cats' life more miserable than they already are.  Please, if you can, speak up to public officials about the plight, and what more they can do to help them.  They have no voice to speak for themselves. 

I am sharing the proclamation again.  And again, thanks to the Simonis for your efforts and help throughout the years.  If you click on it, I think you will be able to see it up close.


Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your day - Janine ! Hope to see you at the food donation and craft show on sat at the Penfield Community Center. Also glad you get to spend some more time with Midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey J - Very sad about midnight.
    The tumor pressing on her eye is probably making vision in that eye distorted. Seeing your hand move with that eye is probably very scary as its warped and most likely out of focus for her. Try moving toward her from the side that has a normal eye and see if she reacts.

    ReplyDelete