Monday, October 19, 2020

Gimme Shelter

 Saturday morning I discovered another colony that had been swept clean by the city crew, displacing at least another six cats.  That included a nursing mother that gave birth sometime the past two weeks, and I believe the babies were in one of the shelters.  The big trucks with the big claws or whatever they are haphazardly just picked up the shelters and threw them in their dump truck or whatever they used.  I was disgusted and sad.  I immediately placed a call (it was 5:30 am.) to a woman that works for the city, as advised by some friends that have connections - and this was a woman that I had meet with in the Mayor's office a few years ago when I met with officials there - and was told that as long as I had my fliers with contact information then I could use those city properties.  

I will place another call this morning because I can't lose anymore shelters.  I am fresh out and Sheryl is doing her best to build a few rickety ones for me.  If anyone can make a few for me I would appreciate it.  They also took all boards, plates, camouflage tarps and pallets.  I am disgusted by this.  I could really use help here.  Thats FOUR colonies these city workers have destroyed.  Displacing many cats just before winter.  I need to rebuild and would love the help.

I delivered Butternut and Acorn this weekend to their new home.  Looking forward to an update today.


Have a great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment