Friday, October 9, 2020

It Just Ain't Easy

 The Lovely Mayor Warren and her Henchmen are at it.  They have now destroyed two of my larger shelters.  They completely wiped out any trace of having these beautiful shelters - took everything, lock stock and barrel.  There was nothing wrong with these large empty lots - they were free from debris, I made sure of it.  They displaced an average of five cats at each of these locations.  I remember meeting with the Mayor's people at City Hall, along with various other 'luminaries' (she had 'something come up' when she was supposed to be meeting with me).  We left that meeting with an unspoken agreement that I would post my information at each location and they would leave alone.  

If anyone knows me, I said the hell with that and built a temporary shelter again and see if they take that.  And if they do, I will do it again.  These cats need a place to get out of during storms and cold.  I'm just not sure how these city workers can sleep at night.  No compassion whatsover, although I have seen a few times where you could see someone had some.  


I just made an appointment for Monday for my old guy Baylee.  Its time.  Its going to be very sad.  He is my special boy that I rescued from Bay Street many years ago.  He has to be at least 10 years old.  His skeletal body can't take it anymore.  I just watched him fall to the floor after trying to get down from a chair.  And he is not eating like he was.  Voraciously.  I think we all know when its that time.  It won't be easy.

Thats it!

Have a great day!

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." Winnie The Pooh

2 comments:

  1. Janine,

    We are very saddened to hear about your precious boy Baylee! May it ease the pain you now endure knowing that you rescued your special boy 10 years ago from a life of hell and provided him with a lifetime of love and happiness.

    Rest assured that Baylee will be watching over his Mommy(Janine) from Kitty heaven while rightfully so bragging to his playmates that he had the best Mommy a Kitty could ever desire.

    Always remember that Baylee wouldn't want you to be sad(Cat Angel)! Baylee loves you so very much and is so proud that his Mommy will continue to rescue and find forever loving homes for other kitties as she did for Baylee.

    R.I.P. sweet Baylee!



    Sincerely,
    Walt & Karon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janine, I am so sorry about BAiley. Call me later if you want to talk. You have given him the best life. And I am am sorry too about your shelters. Will you call the city and find out why they were taken? Maybe periodically it would be good to contact the city and remind them of what you are doing and make sure they pass that on to city maintenance workers. Just a thought xoxo

    ReplyDelete