Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Wednesday

I braved it alone again this morning.  Someone was supposed to be helping me, but he fell asleep and slept through his alarm.  Oh well.  I toughed it out. There are so many cats out there waiting and watching for me.  Nothing unusual happened except on Short Street, every other post on this vacant lot was decorated with a shiny red star.  Really weird considering how there are barely any humans living on this very short street, let alone kids.  Just run down houses either vacant, or rentals. 



Thanks to June for going with me on Monday.   As we were finishing up on Fourth Street, there was a car ahead that stopped before the stop sign and wasn't moving.  This black man got out of the car and began walking toward me in the truck.  He called out 'can I use your phone?' and went on to explain that he had just found a handgun laying in the street and he wanted to call police.  So, I dialed 911 for him and handed him the phone.  He explained the situation, told the operator that he had the gun wrapped up on his front seat and that he would be sitting on the side of the street waiting.  He was smart.  And careful.  I told him I saw him get out of his car and pick something up before I pulled up behind him and if he needed a witness, to call me.  I handed him my card.  He thanked me, I drove off and finished up just at the end of Fourth Street and Bay.  I drove back to Fourth and Central to see if cops had arrived, and yes, they surely did.  All four cars!  He gave me the thumbs up as I drove past him and I never heard from him so assumed all went well.  Scary though.  If it hadn't been him driving, it would have been me that found it.  It was light out at this time.

Never a dull moment.

Lets not forget Bailey who needs a home.  Spread the word!  Sweet girl.



Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment