Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Kittens Galore

My foster Max saw a plea in NextDoor for help with mom and kittens in his neighborhood.  Well...  Max to the rescue.  He reached out to me to ask if he could help her through my rescue.  What could I say.  Three more.



We now have 31 kittens in our care at the moment.  We have 8 kittens currently scheduled outside that number that are in their new homes, and surgeries scheduled.  They are scheduled at Caring for Cats and with the surgery and vaccines, etc., its costing me $145 per cat/kitten.  My adoption fee is $140 per kitten.  I'm losing money.  RCAC was closed for many months, and many cats on the streets had babies, and there are lots of them.  The clinic is now open but their prices rose.

Not to mention, I am bombarded with requests for adoption that I can't get through in a timely manner.  I'm a one man band.  I could use some help actually with this.  Someone to screen, set up appointments for meet and greets with the kittens at the foster homes.  Anyone?

I didn't get any offers of help going forward with the feeding out there, and I am thinking about this and its very sad.  I am not blaming anyone - who wants to go out that early in the morning?  I get that.  But its sad for the cats.  I usually go out on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays, but I didn't go out today.   I've cut back because I just don't have the energy and its very costly to feed close to 60 pounds of dry cat food alone at over 20 locations.

Sorry, I might be feeling just a tad sorry for myself - but really the cats out there - today.  I started this myself and will have to end it myself, someday.  Soon.

That's all I have.  I'll end this on a happy note.

Some more saved kittens!



Thanks Max!  Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment