Monday, June 8, 2020

Help Wanted (Needed)

Good morning!  Thank you Kristin for coming with me today to help me feed many many many hungry cats.  Including one very pregnant one on Grand and Stout. 

I am sharing some personal information with you that I wouldn't normally do, but I am looking for help with feeding on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.  As you all know, Kings has been helping me for many years now, and has been my rock when it comes to helping me with so many things, I am now coming to realize.   I am so thankful for his help through many thicks, and thins. We are no longer together and I am not comfortable with going on my own, in the dark, into this area of our city.  Not that its dangerous, but because no female should be anywhere alone in the dark.  I know I used to do this by myself for God knows how many years, but I can't anymore.  Kristin arrived this morning at 4 am. which wasn't bad, because by 5 it was getting light out.   We were done by 5:30 am. It takes about 1.5 hours and involves walking, bending down, and petting a cat here and there.  I am willing to pay the right person.  Even if three people offered one day a week, I would be ever so grateful.  Think about it!  A chance to be with me!!  :)



We now have nearly 30 kittens in my rescue.

Here is a sneak preview of some:






Jiminy, Cricket, Jesse and James!
I just cannot believe it.  Someone reminded me that I vowed not to do kittens this year.  I had so many last year it was just horrible.  Kittens are a LOT of work, and very expensive.  So far this last batch of four from Garson cost me $1500.  And that wasn't even for the regular spay/neuter and shots!  Kristin is fostering six - two already pending adoption together, Sue is fostering 14 - out of those, nine are pending adoption?, Cyndy is fostering four, and Estelle is fostering five.   Its bananas.

Other than that, that's all I got.

"That which does not kill us 
makes us stronger."

No comments:

Post a Comment