Monday, June 1, 2020

Bananas!

What an insane weekend.  I don't even know where to begin.  Let's start on Saturday.

Saturday Sheryl and I went out faithfully at 4:30 am. (Sheryl won't come any earlier) and made our way to each stop where we dutifully fed and watered at each of the locations where my shelters are set up, and where very hungry cats are waiting.  Once we got to Central, where Sheryl gets out to feed and I scour the area from the safety of my locked truck for any crazy people lurking in the shadows, I noticed her coming back with intent to tell me something.  Sure enough, she told me there was a kitten in a shelter.


So I said with dread 'ok, lets go get it.'  Grab the carrier and off we went.  We realized we would have to remove some very heavy 6ft. boards and remove the giant tarp (this is a large shelter), and boy was that gross.  The bugs, the years of soot mixed with water, yuck.  We had blocked of the opening you see above so that whatever was in there could not escape.  Once we were able to pry open the top of the shelter, there was this little one huddled in a corner, all by itself.  So we scooped it up and rebuilt the shelter.  Not an easy feat to do either.

Fast forward, Sheryl took kitten to her house so that I could find time to get someone to foster.  Sure enough, Kristin reached out as she has three babies and little Billy could join them so he wouldn't be all alone.  Kristin also was concerned that maybe there were more there that we didn't see so off she went with her husband Sunday morning to scope it out - taking apart the shelter again and looking, but they did not find any kittens.  Thanks guys for doing that. 

Here is little Billy, scared and alone, right after rescue:






Adorbs.  And let me tell you, I already have a gazillion applications in for this little one.  Sorry folks.  He is scared right now still but will come around.

Then the riots started in the city later that day.  Then I started to get texts that night and early morning telling me to be careful.  I knew nothing about it until I turned on the news late that night to watch the coverage.  Bananas.  People are nuts.  As if we don't have enough going on in our world right now and as if our law enforcement don't have enough on their hands.  Professional rioters, and I am sure a few locals looking for a thrill were involved as well.

Friday I had to rush little Lulu to the emergency vet.  Guess how much her overnight stay and treatment was...  $980.  And remember a month prior, I had to take her and her siblings in to the same Emergency for treatment of vomiting, etc.  That was another $500.  Lulu was lethargic and come to find out had a temp of 105.  I brought her home Saturday morning and nursed her through the day and night spoon feeding her and taking her temp.  It was down thank god and she was eating the baby food but was still weak.  By Sunday, she had a little more pep.  Her adoptive family came over and brought her home and nothing but good news!  Here she is with her human big sister...  Gianna.  And her new name is Scout!




Snowball went to his new home on Saturday as well.  He is loving life!  Here he is relaxing with his new big sister!



Finally, Jake and Ernie went to their new homes on Saturday.  From what I hear about the care they are getting, this adoptive younger couple are really great parents.  Doting and loving on them.  They sit and watch their every move and are totally in love.  It was hard for me to let them go.  Such sweeties.




And that's all I have for now!!

Have a great day

"Enjoy the little things in life, because one day you will look back, and realize they were the big things." 






No comments:

Post a Comment