Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Money!

So they say...
is the root of all evil today.... PINK FLOYD.  Love that

Life has been a bit crazy for me since being laid off from my job.  I have way too much on my mind.  Not to mention moving around, scheduling surgeries, bringing to vets for ailments, for 30+ kittens.  Its just too much for me.  I am very thankful for my fosters, for my friend Jenn (and new adopter to Paisley!) who is doing the paperwork and scheduling for me for meet and greets and surgeries, and for the few volunteers to come at 4 am. to help me out four days a week to feed over 100 cats.  I go out myself when no one steps up. 

The hardest part I think for me is refilling all the food for the next outing.  I fill up 11 - yes ELEVEN - 2 gallon bags of dry cat food, and six large yogurt like containers what holds six cans each - each time.  In between, I rinse out those containers from that morning's feed.  And I have to rinse out all those cans.  And then haul to garage, and then fill up the huge water jugs and get those out to the truck.  I know I sound whiny, but the fact of the matter is, its hard work, and its hard on my body.  I am thankful for the one day off in between. 

I have officially run out of dry food so just placed an order to Chewy for $236.  That's a lot of money.  And its going to last maybe three runs?  When is it all going to end, because it has to someday.  I wish I had a clone, or someone had the - pardon my French - balls to do what I do and could step up to the plate.

We've had a lot of kittens go to new homes, and I promise to share some of those pictures with you on next post.  They are totally adorable, but I am happy its not ME that is adopting these adorable, yet a lot of work creatures!

Have a great day!

"Not all storms come to disrupt your life, 
some come to clear your path."

No comments:

Post a Comment