Friday, February 14, 2020

TGIF!!!



Frrrrrrrrreeeeeeezzzzzzzin!

On my way out this a.m. at 3:15, it was 11 degrees.  Two hours later, finishing up, it was 14.  The winds though, those are the kicker.  It's surely minus ZERO when they blow.  All the little kitties had a warm meal though.  I place the cans on the dash where the heat comes out, and the food inside gets nice and warm.  The monster on Niagara continues to remove the board there every day.  I hate this evil rotten SOB vehemently.  Please, if you have boards that are like 2x4, 3x4, 4x5, or see them on the side of the road, pick them up for me.  I will never stop placing them to shield the rain or snow from the food I leave for the six or so kitties that live there, in the huts I have secretly hidden around there.  Thank God for the many shelters I have scattered around, for the cats, on days like this.

It will be another weekend of trying to get Rory and Lily out from hiding at their new, but possibly old, home.  I spoke to their 'dad' yesterday about them, and he wants to give them a fair shot by keeping them, but also doesn't want two cats scared to death of him living in his basement.  And if he were to let them roam, they would never be seen.   So Sue and I will try to work some magic and see how it goes.  The sad part is, it could have been prevented.  There was a spot where only a cat could fit into and they immediately found that spot and could only be seen on a webcam after that, when they came out to eat.  They never had one-on-one contact with their new person, and here it is four weeks? later... and they are back to being scared to death.

So, wish us luck.

So, 5 years ago today, this kitty, Sawyer, was adopted.  I will share an old post in 2017 about him:  (Be sure to click on pics to see them up close!)

Two years ago I had the pleasure of rescuing a kitty who I named Sawyer back on February 1st of 2015.  Sawyer was adopted by a nice lady named Lynne.  Lynne gives me updates on Sawyer, which I am so appreciative of.  I didn't want you to miss out from when she commented last week.  Here is what she has to say about Sawyer!


Sawyer went from this...
To this...
TO THIS!
"Not a blog's worth but...thinking of how he was soon to be rescued by you at this time in 2015! How he'd walked up to you, looked up at you with a look that said, "Take me home!" And, you did. You brought him to me on Valentines Day. I toyed with changing his name - but kept it Sawyer. IF I had a smartphone, I'd take a pic of him, now curled up, kitty fashion, asleep, on the bed in my office. Interesting how he is choosing spots for sleeping lately. Seems that on this cold, but sunny morning, he'd be on his perch/platform right in the south/living room window. But, nope. He's here! His snuggly time is during the evening when he will sleep awhile on my lap/legs as I watch TV. Then, when I go to bed, he jumps up with me to get his taste/few licks of coconut oil...my moisturizing routine. Down he goes to "somewhere" - but later, he comes back. How do I know, since he doesn't meow/announce his arrival? Because, as kitty lovers know, it's hard to turn over when said kitty(or kitties) are by our feet or knees! Morning? He usually gets up and meanders/yawns/stretches and meows for his breakfast. OH, have I mentioned how handsome Sawyer is!?!!? A nearly perfectly marked face. I LOVE him."


Sawyer and Lynn's grandson Brady!

Happy Valentine's Day Sawyer!  💓 And thank you, Lynne, for giving an adult cat right off the street a home!💓


HEY! How did that picture get in there?   Look at that hair!  Look how cute I was!  
 ahh...  I sure do miss being CUTE!  :)


"Roses are red
Violets are blue
Have I got a cat
That's just right for
you!"



1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day Cat Angel!

    Thank you very much for Feeding and Sheltering us every day.

    We love you very much for everything you do to keep our bellies full and for giving us a warm and safe place to sleep.

    Hopefully, you can find many more kind people like yourself that will help you make our lives a little better.

    Lastly, please consider finding us a forever home so we can enjoy the same good life that the Cat Angel gave to so many of the other Kitties that suffered out here before us.

    Yes, you were a cute little girl! But now you are our Beautiful Cat Angel!


    Love always,
    Kitties of Beechwood

    ReplyDelete